Why would an ex completely change themselves after a break up?

So long story short.. I was with my ex for three years, lived together, was serious then we just grew distance last few months and decided to split, it was amicable no screaming or anything I admitted I still loved him etc... anyway we both deleted our fbs.. a well after I moved out of the house he was back on Fb saying he was single. (Which hurt) we have been split a month now and I saw him a week ago to collect mail.. I came in and found he got himself a bulldog (something I always wanted).. and he has completely redecorated the house we shared.. like I never existed and I have to admit that really really hurt, like he has a completely new life within a month and just like I never even was part of his life... why would a man do this? Is this a sign to say actually maybe he never even loved me? Or a sign he's really hurting and trying to pretend I act didn't exist
7
14