Is breaking up because you are stressed about work a bit harsh?

8 months ago I met this girl online. She was in my eyes the perfect girl, simply because we had a lot in common our friends described us as she's the female version of me and vice-versa. We had a long distance relationship at first for four months and basically I decided to move down to where she lives which is on the south coast of England. It was a new territory for me no friends and a bit of a distance to go to work but I just dealt with it. This summer I had an important work related matter which involved a lot of time locked inside the house. I am a classical musician and my work requires a lot practice especially when it's an important audition. I didn't have much time to work before August because I went on tour and we both went on a nine day holiday to Verona after that. When we got back from Verona I told her that I need to focus on my work and she said that it's completely fine. For the first two weeks it was going well but then it hit rock bottom our communication suddenly dropped and I was worried and she was worried so she texted me two weeks before the audition and she asked if we should hang out on Thursday the week before the audition, normally I say yes but this was a lot of pressure and a lot of work had to be done so I said I would prefer if we don't for now it depends on how my practice is going and understandably she got a bit angry. We met that night for a drink with her mates and even though I was there I couldn't concentrate on what was going on around me cause I had only one thing on my mind. After that night things just got worse and basically it messed up everything cause all my focus now was on her rather than my work. A few texts went badly I felt a bit pushed away and I think I pushed her away too. Three days before the audition we met and she said she can't handle this stress we are too much alike and we broke up. It crushed me like a bug and it ruined my concentration. I do miss her a lot but I just don't understand why.
1
2