Should I tell my mom my dad is cheating on her?

I really dont care if they divorce or not but it would kill my mom if she knew.

418

Most Helpful Guy

• She probably already does. Adults are weird. Sometimes they lie to themselves about things coz they can't face the consequences. They'd rather just ignore it. It's called denial. It's a cowards way out but I suppose it keeps them sane. I'd stay well clear of it. She'll end up hating you if you force her to face up to something she wants to avoid

• I agree the last thing she wants is to be blamed or feel blamed for her parents divorce. Ignore it and steer clear, it pays to play stupid sometimes.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it was me, I would want to know. If it was my mom, she would want to know but she is a tough woman and we would rather face the truth. As I seen mentioned in comments, some cannot handle the truth. If your mom is happy, if your dad treats her well, probably best to not take it to her. If you can talk to your dad just to ease your own conscience then do it.
    One of my friends found out her dad was cheating, her dad was a jerk, mom wasn't happy, she told her mom, they divorced and now her mom is happier than ever.
    My ex's dad was great to his wife except he also cheated. He treated her well, still kissed her cheek, but she was very unhappy. She loved him dearly but he was dinking another woman, she knew it and she swallowed her pain all those years until the kids moved out and they divorced. Now she's a very happy and much healthier woman.
    I know a lot of guys are like "stay out of it, it's not your business" but on the other hand, a lot of parents unhappily stay together because of the kids.
    There is no easy way to handle this. It's like a bomb, some day it will blow up and make a mess.

What Guys Said 17

• What do you think how your mother would feel, when she finally finds out plus finding out you already knew for a long time?

Thats much mote devastating.

Perhaps try to convince your dad to confess to your mum, otherwise tell her yourself.

• "A truth that hurts for a while is better than a lie that lasts for a lifetime"

• No don't.. warn dad.. talk to him wake him UP! telling your mum would hurt her and bring problem to her. She needs your father and your father her when they get old. give him a chance to wake him up. trust me on this. I grow up without a father and I know my mum how she feels like to be old and single sucks asf

• She has a right to know but confront dad first and tell him to fess up.

• talk to your father about it and then decide.

• No. Stay out of it. Likely she knows more than you think. And for sure she knows her marriage is in trouble. IT'S NOT YOUR PROBLEM. Stay out of it, don't choose sides. This is for THEM to work out, not YOU.
    Is that clear enough? Do you GET IT?

• Don't tell her but talk to your dad to stop it.

• No. I asked the same question a long time ago. Everyone told me to tell her or blackmail him. However i confronted him. My dad said they had a little argument and he promised not to do it again.

• Dont meddle in other peoples relationships

• It would kill your mom more if she found out that you knew. Just get it over and tell her. I may damage your dads relationship but time heals all

• I would, if I had evidence. If you don't have evidence then, no.

• You're a big bitch if you hide this.

• Yes, she deserves to know

• I would suggest you talk to your dad first , find out why? and whether your mom already knows.

• Tell her the truth. Cause one day she will know.

• why dont u care?

• If you think that your mom would be better without this then you should tell her

What Girls Said 3

• if i were you i would tell her

• If you know that he is cheating on her sit them both down at the same time and give him the option to tell her, if he doesn't then tell her

• If it were me in this position I would confront my Dad first and tell him to stop it and consider being honest with my Mom - the reason being that the truth has a way of coming out eventually (also I'm sure she has a slight gut feeling too that this is happening) and it would hurt her to think that I didn't think she deserved the truth.

• Basically the damage is already done now... the success of the future depends on how all involved handle it now... and if people aren't honest, there's no trust, with no trust there's no future relationship.

• If you wholeheartedly believe that your Mom doesn't have any suspicions or will never find out, then I can understand how not telling her would feel like protecting her and may be the best option. However in my experience, when someone is cheating, the partner tends to have a little uneasy gut feeling nagging away in the back of their mind, I've never known it go unnoticed.