Does a guy have to pay child support?

I always hear about this. Is this some kind of law or something? I don't get why two people can't agree to pay a certain amount every month to help out vs getting the court involved.

Why can't the guy just agree to pay like $500/month or whatever. It just seems like a kick in the balls honestly if the girl goes through the court system to get child support out of him.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Plenty of people do manage to come to a financial agreement about their child (ren)'s needs without having to go to court. You don't hear about it because those are the types of people who can co-parent amicably and aren't creating any drama. The courts step in when the parents can't come to an agreement regarding the child's needs. They're also there to enforce the agreement and make sure the child is properly taken care of concerning finances and time spent with each parent.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Usually the court matters happen when they CAN'T agree on this, usually people do this without the courts, but its when he or she stops paying or refuses thats when courts usually come into play.

0|0
    0|0
  • if the guy helped create the kid, he should help pay cuz it's also his kid...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a law. If he made it he pays for it.
    Private arrangements can be done but often it's court decided so neither party can back out of their obligation

0|0
    0|0
  • Child support is set by certain guidelines. You can make your own arrangements but most go through the court systems to make sure things are "fair". Fair for whom? I'm not sure. Hopefully the children.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Loading... ;