Age old question: Should I text my ex?

Broken up about 6 months ago, finally free from the "bad phase", exercising, going out and meeting people, so i'd say i'm mostly healed.
I'm moving away next week and i just want to say goodbye to my ex, who i've had been together for 2 years, we had an abrupt breakup, full of anger, didn't get to properly say goodbye, did NC for the whole of the healing process, haven't talked at all or seen each other. Miss hear dearly but not enough to get back together. Just want to make sure she's ok and say goodbye.

TL, DR: Don't want to get back together at all, just want to wish her farewell properly

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Decided it was for the best I didn't contact her, it's a very emotional time for me and I can't risk stressing myself out, maybe sometime in the future I'll talk to her again, maybe not. She's not my responsabilty anymore, although I still care for her, My emotional wellbeing comes first.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you really want to then I see no harm, though be prepared for the possibility of her not responding.

• Don't really want to see her, just want to send a goodbye text and ask how she's doing.

• If you want to do so don't ask her nothing in back just send an affirmative text.

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as it's just to say goodbye then delete her from every corner of your life like number facebook instagram etc then do it.

If you're going to continue talking or want to talk more do not.

My recommendation is don't but sometimes you gotta learn the hard way

What Girls Said 11

• I totally understand it and I have done it, I would do it again. It helps seal the closure and move on. It's a mature way to go about it I think.

• Yes. Final closure. I would. So if it's going to be the last time you see each other in this life, then do it. You're strangers with memories.

• Never. Text. Your. Ex.

• Nooo

• I would. It is always good to try to make things better. Especially if you are moving.

• No, it will make you feel even worse

• Nooo!

• Do it!

• Noooooooo

• If you want to, do it! Life is not supposed to be played by other peoples rules

• If you didn't properly say goodbye to her, then I would just write this: "I hope all is going well in your life. I just wanted to see how you were doing." Have a short conversation with her through text to see what she's up to, and then say a final goodbye. This is great for closure and finally closing the chapter in your life, but keeping the memories that you had with her.

• BAD PLAN

• @wassux I did that with my ex and now I'm happy... closure/having final last words is important

What Guys Said 9

• It really depend in what u want there is some guys who specialized in return to your ex and dumb her. I ask this myself many times but I get in a conclusion that it is going to show you are alone, depressive, no options or even worst that u want to return for her which is needy and so on and on that is actually bad thing to do if you walked on streets and by casualty met her and she smile to you and both stop u could say to her that u felt bad avout how thibg did end and maybe invite her to talk for 10 minutes and stay friends which is not a bad thing but it is all a bad idea in the end again because she don't need your apologize, women are strong and mature about this at least if you didn't hit or steal her. I know this is freak and appear like a nightmare but what u can do is just put nice pictures on Facebook or whatever and show that u still a happy person doing your life and not caring about anyone depended happiness!

• I noticed he's from here too.

Mano para com isso... pra quê essa merda? "Hey to indo embora tá?" já acabou não tem porquê ter esse tipo de consideração. Foi ela que te deu o pé? Se sim, pior ainda! Mais um motivo para não mandar nada, se foi você quem terminou bem cada um pro seu lado.

A menos que você goste dela e esteja mentindo, queira levar ela com você ou algo assim.

Se não meu irmão bola pra frente que mulher é o que mais tem por aí.

Abraço.

• Age old answer. Yes!
    Simply for the fact that you have shared something awesome.

• Yes, in the text simply tell jer that it is not an attenpt tp fix anything but that you are moving and you just want to make sure she is good and thay you wanted to say a proper goodbye. You may or may not get a text back but it is better to leave it out there than to just disapear and have the sence of wondering how tjing could have been.

• No. Find someone else.

• Nope. Nope. Nope.
    Don't be a dumbass.

• It's possible that you'll fall for each other again and you're bound to get hurt again

• There's a reason why she's called an ex.
    People should stop asking this question.

• I was in a very similat situation. I've done it and it was fine. Proceed with caution though