Would you delete the pictures of you and your ex after you break up?

When you break up with someone, would you delete the pictures of you and your now ex from your social media? E. g. facebook, instagram, etc

• Yes immediately
  • Yes eventually (not immediately) e. g. few weeks, etc
  • No I still would keep them up
    Vote C

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Due to time and laziness, no. Depending on how long you dated, you could easily have hundreds of pictures scattered around all over. It would be a nightmare to try to delete them all and take forever. I would never have them as a background, wallpaper or profile pic, but simply having them on your phone or buried in a harddrive is harmless I think.

Most Helpful Girl

• I only have one ex and he's my bestfriend. So we just shifted our relationship from best friend to lover to best friend again. Almost no romantic pictures (kissing etc) so I have no reason to delete them. Old pictures will be gone and forgotten anyway...

I did tho, deleted all the letters we wrote to each others.

What Guys Said 4

• Yep I took all my exes pics off my facebook account. Unfortunately some of our mutual friends have pics up of us which I can't delete.

• I'd keep them up. She would still be my friend and stuff. The only difference is that we would no longer be romantic with each other or have sex with each other unless we became friends with benefits or something

• I always keep the nude pics.

• Nah, it's not worth it if you ask me.

What Girls Said 3

• It really depends, I'm in no rush to delete them but the ones that are romantic yes I would delete them off social media- as I don't want to disrespect my new partner.

• It depends on the situation. If I'm really mad, immediately. If it's not so bad, I'll wait. Not all relationships and breakups have to be a drama show. It can just be a part of life, a learning experience.

• Probably if I got cheated on. If that's not the case, I'll keep the pictures - my ex has after all been a part of my life and even if the relationship was bad in the end, we had good times, which are worth remembering.