How would you feel if your partner was still friends with their ex?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd not be ok with it. And ask that they keep contact limited or not at all. It would be a condition of me being with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on maturity and what type of relationship it was. If you both did sexual things with each other, chances are the sexual attraction is still there. If you are mature, you can see how this would make your current partner uncomfortable with the idea of you talking to your ex. If both you and your ex are mature and have innocent casual conversations, then I don't see a problem. But a sexual past with them isn't appropriate I had a sexual past with my and we ended up being friends (when I was still single), but then he wasn't very mature and started flirting with me in a sexual way. I started liking someone else and out of respect for that, I said a polite goodbye to my ex. I still wouldn't talk to an ex even if I was single because friendships are complicated unless it's completely PLATONIC and you both feel nothing for each other romantically.

What Guys Said 8

• I would be suspicious as fuck, why would you keep him as friend. I won't like that idea.

• That wouldn't be my partner. When a relationship is over it's over. No reason to keep contact unless there is a kid involved

• I wouldn't be with her

• Hey well I have to say I am really good friends with all my exes sometimes it's not the sexual attraction your interested in sometimes it's best to be friends but you don't relize it at the time after break up the sexual attraction is gone for at least one of the couple and in cases where there are children involved it's better for them to see that even mommy and daddy art together they can learn respect in a relation ship

• She is, I am with mine.

• Suspicious

• If you trust him you wouldn't ask this question

• Um, stop assuming. I am not in this situation. Im just curious as to what others would do

• The question was asked I answered. Trust is the key weather they stay friends or not.

• i wouldn't care. im still friends with my ex. its not that hard

What Girls Said 12

• I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as they weren't interfering in our relationship.

• I'd be ok with it as long as they're strictly platonic. No hang ups from their past. And if my boyfriend is honest about it. It has to be a mutual understanding between me and my boyfriend and our exes

• It really depends on how the relationship ended and how long the relationship was- how serious etc.

• I'd be fine with it as long as they were just friends now.

• I will be okay with it some part... But what if she is more good looking than you he could still check her out

• I'd be okay since I'm also friend with my ex

• he would be dead so i would feel quite good :)

• I would be jealous not gunna lie

• I would be jealous because I never no what will happen after. I was friends with my ex and my boyfriend ask me to stop talking to him and block him on Facebook. sooo

• It'd be okay. But to be honest I'd feel little bit insecure that she's prettier than me and he could dump me.

• Kill Em

• I would be jealous cause i dont have a ex, someone i can compare my partner to but he has someone. So i will be jealous and bserve, if he does a mistake i can say that i also have a ex.