Is it a good thing that I cut off all contact with my ex?

My player ex boyfriend and I were "friends" for a few months after our breakup. We flirted around in the beginning and he wanted to get back together again eventually (but only wanted sex) And I said maybe in the future... But then I met a decent guy in college and started to like him so I told my ex politely to stop contacting me in respect to that. He asked me for nudes again after the breakup too which is another reason why I told him to stop talking to me and he accepted it and wished me happiness. I think it's the best decision I made because I made a mistake of sending nudes to him in the past and now I can finally let go and be with a decent guy. What do you think?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Make sure there is no way to reach him even if you want to. Then make sure you say no if he approaches. There is no point living in the past and going back to past is only desperation. Move on. You have a long life ahead and many many more adventures.

• I agree. Being his friend did not work out. It just led to confusion for me and I believe it's not respectful to talk to an ex (that has sexual attraction to me) when I'm going to date someone new. I like us being strangers with memories. Thank you for your answer

• Glad to help :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely a good choice, and you handled it very well. Congrats!

What Guys Said 3

• Agree, good for you! Don't second guess it or make the mistake of opening up that door again. You've moved on, keep it that way!

• Cut him out of your life. You need someone who will treat you right. If someone cheats on you to me that sounds like you never had a place in there heart in the first place. I dont talk to any of my ex's and it helps keep my mind clear and moveing on with life.

• Very wise on your part.

• Thank you. It was kinda hard to let him go, but I realized how much I deserved respect and someone who actually cares about me

• That you do,

What Girls Said 1