He hit me and I don't know what to do?

I'm living with a boyfriend. Last night we were in the car travelling and we got into an argument and I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him to pull over. I'd been drinking heavily and I didn't feel well. He claims I was hitting him on the shoulder from the back of the car but I don't remember that at all. Then when we stopped he turned round into the back seat and punched me hard on the shoulder. I started crying hysterically and demanded he take me home. He drove so aggressively that he went through a red light. He took me to my dads and i explained to my dad what had happened. My dad said I must have done something to deserve being hit and that I probably was misbehaving and he acted like the situation wasn't serious because I sounded drunk. I got no sympathy from him at all. Then he said I couldn't sleep there because I don't pay him any money for rent and he didn't give me a blanket or anywhere to sleep or even offer to get me water so eventually I had to go back to my boyfriend's house even though I was scared he was going to hit me again. I just want to know if I'm making a big deal out of nothing?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Super weird that he took you to your dad, and horrible that your dad would say something so stupid and offensive. Never talk to either of them again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignore your dad! A good dad wouldn't treat you like that. You were probably being really annoying drunk and no wonder you don't remember it, but he has no reason to hit you! I think he was just trying to get you to stop being annoying? But that's out of order and so is the bad driving. You need to talk to him and see if you can sort things out, but if I were you I'd seriously consider leaving him

What Guys Said 3

• Hey pay close attention, if you love yourself a bit, run away from that "relation", that's a pattern that will never end, he'll continue hitting till death, so my dear unknown girl, make a good and intelligent decision and leave him now.

• If he punched you in the arm then you have a problem. Ingot punched 50 times by my ez and I still never hit her even once. Just sayiing

• If you feel threatened by him contact the police your father has no right to treat you like that

What Girls Said 1

• you gotta talk to him about it. It's important. You need to see if you guys can work things out. If you can't then I wouldn't stay with him