He hit me and I don't know what to do?

I'm living with a boyfriend. Last night we were in the car travelling and we got into an argument and I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him to pull over. I'd been drinking heavily and I didn't feel well. He claims I was hitting him on the shoulder from the back of the car but I don't remember that at all. Then when we stopped he turned round into the back seat and punched me hard on the shoulder. I started crying hysterically and demanded he take me home. He drove so aggressively that he went through a red light. He took me to my dads and i explained to my dad what had happened. My dad said I must have done something to deserve being hit and that I probably was misbehaving and he acted like the situation wasn't serious because I sounded drunk. I got no sympathy from him at all. Then he said I couldn't sleep there because I don't pay him any money for rent and he didn't give me a blanket or anywhere to sleep or even offer to get me water so eventually I had to go back to my boyfriend's house even though I was scared he was going to hit me again. I just want to know if I'm making a big deal out of nothing?
He hit me and I don't know what to do?
Add Opinion