Why does he want it to be secretive?

There is this guy I would see and hang out with when we are out with mutual friends for a few months now. Just recently he has wanted to spend more time with just him and I in private. This includes just hanging out and having some deep conversations to being sexual together too. The thing is he wants to keep it between us and not have any mutual friends know about it. Why does he want it to be a secret?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask him he knows, maybe someone else in the group might be interested in you or he is seeing someone else and they know about it or...etc

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• Hmmm there could be a couple of different reasons. Best case scenario: He feels his relationships are nobody else's business. I totally understand this, since I hate people gossiping and meddling in my life. Worst case scenario: He wants a "Hit it & Quit it" type of relationship. If no one else knows, he'll never have to own up to it.

The way you can discern between these 2 options is by looking at his background record. Has he been committed in the past or is he usually the heartbreaker?

• He has had some serious relationships in the past and he was never the heartbreaker he always had his heart broken.

• But is that him saying this, or one of your coveted mutual friends saying this? Trust is one thing, but make sure you have people to back up his word.

• bc he is seeing someone else besides you. A guy who truly likes you and cares about you will want to tell the world how much he likes you and how much he likes spending time with you. End it and move on! You can do better!

• Sounds like he's a player.