To run or no? Frustrated?

Moved to Texas from California with my then girlfriend, been together 5 years, supposedly in Tx we are now common law married. I pay all the bills but food , I am disabled and end up broke at the end of the month. Was this a mistake to get into this relationship? Or an I just stressing for no reason? If so what to do to help myself? Or do I just run away?


Recommended Questions


Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

  • Because you're paying for everything? Talk to your girlfriend about having her chip in. It doesn't have to be just you paying the bills.

    • She works part time and feeds us, but I still feel like I am not doing enough , that she deserves better

    • Again, communicate with your girlfriend on the matter.

  • Speak 2 her


What Guys Said 1

  • 1. Did you two agree to be married?
    2. Do you live together?
    3. Do you represent yourselves to others as husband and wife?

    If you are common law married, it is ended only by a divorce obtained through the court system. There is no "common law divorce."

    • 1- eventually 2-yes 3- yes

    • Then you have a common law marriage. If you want to end this relationship, you need to obtain a divorce. Moving to another state will not end your marriage.

Recommended myTakes