My ex used to hit me, what should I do?

Before he broke up with me he used to get very angry even over the littlest of things and hit me sometimes on purpose or accident, we dated for 3 years and he started to hit me I think a month or two before he broke up with me. He is still calling to make sure I haven't told anyone about it and I am starting to become somewhat scared.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say it's time to ignore this guy.

Stop taking his phone calls, emails, what have you.

If he approaches you, call the police.

Depending on how long ago this was, the statute of limitations may be at play.

Normally with domestice violence the time frame is extended, but in your case it will be "he said, she said" because you more than likely don't have brusing and other signs of assault anymore.

Nontheless, stay away from this guy, and if he keeps harassing you, call the authorities and start getting these things on the record.

What Guys Said 5

• Real piece of work, this guy is.

The cops can't do anything about it unless there's physical damage. Then you've got an assault charge. You _may_ be able to get a restraining order. He's in big trouble if he violates it.

You might try the phone company and tell them that he's harassing you.

• He seems worried that if you start telling people he's going to get a reputation to be a woman beater...which in a ideal world is justified anyway...

if your starting to become scared talk to people,close friends, family, helplines as I know talking to stranger who don't know you at all is easier for some people.

• Ignore the c*nt. Tell him to stop calling. If he gets worse, tell the police.

Thanks to the Violence Against Women Act, your word is worth more than his in domestic violence matters. Restraining orders are handed out like candy. Still, it's dodgy to do this if there no 3rd party witnesses.

Be careful.

• Tell some one to get it over with

• Is he still hitting you?

What Girls Said 2

• You need to cut off communication with him and tell someone what happened. A therapist, counselor, maybe even a friend. If you think you need it you can get a restraining order, but at least talk about it with someone! He doesn't have to know you've told anyone.

• Tell someone, don't just let him do that to you and keep you in fear