I left then I came back?

So I left my boyfriend of 3 years to date other people for 9 months. It wasn't all it was cracked up to be and I constantly missed him.. so after 3 months of singledom and still being friends with him and having lunch and stuff regularly, I asked him to date me again. Only... no matter how hard he tries, be can't seem to get comfortable being with me. I think he is afraid of being left again and it caused him a lot of pain to be left but he stayed my friend because he hoped I would come back one day and I did.. but he is very distant now. He's still very sweet, but there's no intimacy or anything anymore and I'm trying to fill the void between us and get back to what we used to have...

How can I make him feel safe with me again? And how can I prove to him I won't leave again?

12

What Guys Said 2

• He's a sucker for even considering getting back with you.

Just because you're a selfish woman who wants to go get ran through by other men then come back to him when "you figured it out"

Please. You aren't special.

He should blow one more on your face then send you on your way.

• Tincture of time, is the only treatment.

• I'm taking the approach of doing this on his terms. So this is pretty good advice. Thank you !

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend who I dated for 7 years just left me. I realy want to know what made you wan't to go back to him?