Ex girlfriend is dating another guy but keeps contacting me, what should I do?

Me and my ex broke up 7 months ago but we stayed in contact as freinds. She was always good to me but i felt a bit smothered and in the last few monthes i was emotioanlly distant ans wasn't that nice to her. A month ago i decided that i wanted to get back together with her but she declined my offer, i guess she had moved on. Now she's dating another guy and when we message each other she always tells me how great he is. I ve decided that staying friends with her won't work and even though im still crazy about her i need to move on but she keeps contacting me. I ve ignored her for a day now and her latest text is "well hopefully you dont hate me, i ll leave you alone now". What should i do?

12

What Girls Said 1

• Let her get on with it as your complicating things for yourself

What Guys Said 2

• You should suggest a sit-down, face-to-face conversation. You: "Look, I want you back in my life and I think you want me. You are going out of your way to try to make me jealous. Well, you've got my attention. We can stop playing the games, say goodbye to the others, and get back together, or we need to go no contact and truly move on with no residual game playing. You know what you want and you don't need time to think about this, so tell me now what you want."

• Tell her you don't hate her but you need to move on