What should I do?

Almost 8months ago I got off a 6 year relationship with my ex. And now I'm talking to a close friend of his and it just happen out of no where. I added him on Instagram with no intentions of msging him. But he msged me first 3 days after. Now it's been almost 2 months since we started talking and I'm starting to grow feelings for him and he is as well. What should I do? I don't feel it's right and he doesn't either to do the fact that he's my ex bestfriend. But he says he doesn't mind putting his hands in the fire for me as long as he got an opportunity in my life. Mind you guys, he's the opposite of my ex , he's very respectful, mature, and over all he just sounds very smart. Help me!!! What should I do? I don't know if I should cut all ties with him or it's fine to keep going with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Give this a shot - get the dude to talk to his close friend (your ex) and see what his reaction is. You guys would prefer to start your relationship without causing any troubles, so that's the safest possible way. If however you ex doesn't approve it, you guys can still go ahead, but just means he lose a friend.

• Well he did tell me my ex one time told him if any of his close friends got with his ex (me) he would beat them up? so it's like if he has no feelings for me anymore than he shouldn't care right?

• Doesn't work like that unfortunately. It isn't really about whether he should or shouldn't. The fact that you guys dated for 6 years, then it makes sense that he is now, 6 months after broke up, still angry about you. There's no right or wrong about this. Everyone will have their own different opinions. (It is said through research that men tend to take a much longer time than girls to get over a relationship. ) But this shouldn't stop you and the other guy do what you want, as long as you are aware of the consequence.

What Guys Said 1

• Give it a shot! Just take your time and make sure you are truly interested in him and not just another relationship. That's the most important thing!

What Girls Said 1

• Oh no this sounds tricky... Guys have a code "bros before hos". Maybe your ex might be in this and trying to entrap you. Or maybe he isn't and his bestfriend really likes you. And he is just waiting for the right time to finally have the courage to tell you he likes you. Did he just say opportunity? what does that mean? I don't know man... I've been in this situation before. The ending was bittersweet. My ex and his bro fell out because of me but his bro ended up with me. His bro was the exact opposite of my ex. Well my ex was a total douche anyways. He talked trash about me years after the break up. I am still friends with his bro to this day.