Why would someone do this?

My so broke up with me out of the blue one day for no reason, we started yelling and I told him " I wish you gave me a reason to hate you". Next day, we talk again and he told me he had sex with an ex. Time goes by and we start talking again, he apologizes and regrets everything. He then proceeds to tell me that he lied about having sex with her, they just talked and kissed. Reason for lying was he felt very guilty and wanted to give me a reason to hate him. He didn't think I would be able to look past what happened. Can I get someones opinion on this situation. He now says he wants to be with me and something like this will never happen again.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• How was he in the relationship? If you know him very well do you think he is the type of person who would do such a thing so that he can't hurt you further? And if what he said was true and just had a kissing session with an ex? Did it cross your borderline or will giving him another chance be okay to you? If you do give him a chance but are still confused about doing so just tell him he's gonna have to start from zero again and you guys can't just pick from where you left off.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's lucky if you're nice enough to talk to him, forgot dating! He's a liar and a cheater, run!

What Guys Said 4

• Whether or not he told you the truth the second time doesn't matter. He lied to you and cheated on you. Any future between you can't be based on trust, which is no basis for a relationship

• He's playing with you. Get away.

• He want to have sex

• A lot of drama for no reason. Honesty is the best policy. The rest is a bad idea.

What Girls Said 2

• Can't be with a liar

• Abort. Abort. Run. Not a good idea to trust him. He is maybe just lonely and wants you around.