Do you assume a divorced/separated guy is flawed?

Having a really frustrating time dating here... and maybe the difference is that this time I have the stigma of being separated/nearly divorced. So my question is when a guy tells you that do you assume there is something wrong with him? If so how do I get over that (besides just lying about it, I'm not doing that)

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I think... "bad decision-making". I totally understand that sometimes, love can be blinding... or life circumstances just result in the weakening of a marriage... but it's hard not to have an immediate negative gut reaction to someone who is divorced. It also makes me feel like we're on unequal playing fields.

• Well besides blabbing "I WAS THE WRONG GENDER FOR MY EX" to the whole universe, how do I get over this?

• I don't know. That reason makes me wonder a lot of things about you and your ex. There's no way to... "get over it". I think you need to accept that having been divorced, it will make your dating life challenging, especially if you're looking at women who haven't been married before. All you can do is gauge the moment and trust your gut when sharing the details of your divorce.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course not, the girl can be as much at fault as him!

What Girls Said 2

• We're all flawed. Our flaws, are what makes us, who we are. And that's what makes us all, uniquely beautiful!

• Of course there is nothing wrong with you. The right person won't look at ur status as a hurdle. A person who is not mature enough to see that is not meant for u anyway

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!