Is online flirting and chat sex considered cheating?

my boyfriends thinks when his online and his flirting with other girls its not cheat.

42

Most Helpful Guy

• HELL YEAH it's cheating. Well, OK not really. It's not really cheating, but it is EXTREMELY DISRESPECTFUL! And anybody who is serious with the person they are dating, won't bother doing it.

Try this - start telling him that you met a guy online and talk about how cool this new guy is, how he lives in this exciting place, and does these exciting things. Make him up if you have to, but make sure you sound believable. Tell him you showed him some pictures of you and that he said you look hot. See how your "boyfriend" reacts to that. -__-

What Guys Said 1

• Yes it's cheating, and like the guy below me said, if you was doing the same with another guy he'd probably be p*ssed off, and thus a double standard would appear.

It's wrong, and disrespectful, and if your boyfriend says otherwise he's talking out of his ass.

What Girls Said 4

• I would consider it cheating... in the bible (this is because I'm religious) if you just look at a woman lustfully you have committed adultry in your heart. so yeah, it's cheating.

• For some reason guys (mostly, some women are just as bad) think it's OK as long as you're not actually sleeping with someone else. I'd consider it cheating and I think most people would. Tell him it's hurting you and that if he cared about you he wouldn't do it. If he carries on get rid of him, you deserve someone who respects you

• Flirting is not cheating, it's just disrespectful. Chat sex, for sure, is cheating.

• Well I wouldn't be to happy with it if my boyfriend did that I would tell him that I don't like it and I would let him know how I felt about it