Would you ask your ex's friends to take care of them after a break up?

I've had two instances after a friend of mine went through a break up where her ex would contact me letting me know what happened and to ask if I would help them during the emotional time. I was friends with both exes in question through association with their SO.

Have you ever had this happen? And would you ever do something like this after a breakup?

129

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't had this happen and I don't know if I would do anything, try to keep clear of all ex's including there friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on what kind of relationship I have with the friend's EX. do it plenty of times that my friend's EX would talk with me regarding their situation and I overalls kept things at a neutral. I often say not to get so involved with another person's relationship because the last thing you want is for somebody to blame you for the deterioration of it. if you're that person's friend of course you would take care of them emotionally the best of your ability. you do not need anybody else's opinion on the matter. Though it is a kind gesture. It can always be used against the ex for their own selfish motives. Lots of times it plays on the others feelings and emotions. all the causes is nothing more but a whole lot of drama.

What Guys Said 8

• I never would

• no, I take care of my business on my own... we are talking about disposing of the body right?

• No I will ask her for this

• Yes, I'll do that.

• I did the same thing after me and my high school sweetheart broke up.

• Yes if I cared enough or there were specific concerns for her wellbeing or safety. Be responsible in all things !

• Keep out of it it's not your place.

• What, their break up? I'm not in it. I'm just offering an ear if the ex needs it, and helping my friend through the breakup by providing distractions so she can't just sit at home and dwell on it.

• No I have not but I guess it would depend on the situation.

What Girls Said 11

• I've only had it happen once, and she was severely depressed and suicidal so I could understand his apprehension about leaving her on her own.
    Just a general break up though, nope.

It's kind of nice but kind of weird lol

• Yes, a friend regularly asked me for 6 months whether she was okay and doing well even though he was the one who was dumped, and clearly not doing ok compared to her because 1 month after she found someone. It was a 5 year relationship. But the way he asked was not nosy to hear she was bad, it was more like if her financials are ok (because she had a troubled family and saved herself incredibly well by working a lot and making it at an Ivy College for undergrad, grad, and now a good job).

A friend also told me my ex asked a lot about me to make sure I was doing well because at that time I just moved in a new place, and had no friends, family on the other continent, i was very alone and breakup even though i initiated hit me hard. he was with family and friends so easy for him to move on. so apparently he wanted to make sure that i am fine.

• Nope

• I would most likely do this If he was very hurt and If I was close with his friend. I don't want someone to suffer because of me, especially if that's someone once I cared about.

• I did once. Felt scared that he'll do something stupid. But turns out I did by getting back together a week later.

• Depends on if I thought that they were healthy enough to get support on their open or not

• Literally happening to me right now

• No I wouldn't

• I can't answer until the day come..

• Yes, definitely

• That's never happened to me.