Mom hates my boyfriend and made us break up. What do I do?

My boyfriend and I have known each other for 2 years and just started going out a few months ago. I'm 18 and he's 20, my mom hates him for no given reason. The first time she met him she instantly despised him, he did his best to be nice to her and impress her. When he left she told me she didn't like him became he was a meth head because he looked pale. The only type of drug he does is marijuana but medication to help his insomnia and help him eat since he has problems eating without smoking.

A few days ago him and I hung out but we had no curfew, he dropped me off at 1:30 am. He lives 40 minutes away so he spends a lot of gas money to visit me. My mom freaked out the next day saying I was a bad kid because he brought me home so late we're not allowed to see or talk to each other and that I have to break up with him. She told me if I didn't break up with him that "You need to get the f*** out of my house." Here's the thing that is mind boggling about my situation, I pay my bills, bought my own car, work, watch her kids who are not my biological siblings, buy my own food, and go to college. I don't see what I'm doing wrong, I can't figure it out. He has tried multiple times to sit down with her and tell him about herself but she shuts him down without any given thought.

My boyfriend and I are secretly dating, I got my phone and car taken away so I'm stuck using my laptop currently. Him and I have been talking about getting an apartment together for quite a bit because he feels as if my mother's relationship with me is toxic and unhealthy because she verbally abuses me. I just applied to a job earlier to earn a better pay and she told me I was not allowed to do it because she said so. To sit down with this woman and talk to her about how I feel is nearly impossible, she claims she knows what's best for me but I'm beginning to question that. Does anyone have an idea on what I should do or an opinion? I'm completely lost at this point.

01

What Guys Said 1

• Im sorry but you said you are 18 now right? That means that your mother is welcomed to shut the fuck up since you are an adult now and u can decide for yourself. She has no right to tell you to do anything, all she can do is give you advice thats it. In my opinion you should pack up, get your car and move the fuck out of there, and visit your mother occasionally, and tell her that she is lucky that you are visiting her because some people visit their parents once a year.

• Once I move out I don't think she'll allow me to visit again. She is stubborn to the point that no matter what I sat she doesn't listen. She claims because I live her house that I have to follow her rules and she tells me what to do. I'm trying to get myself together so I can move out.

• She won't allow you? Ahahahah it will be her loss not yours, just try to move out of there as soon as possible and i think you will be way happier than you are now.

• My significant other said the same thing, he wants to get me out of there as soon as possible because of how verbally abusive she can be towards me.

What Girls Said 0