Mom hates my boyfriend and made us break up. What do I do?

My boyfriend and I have known each other for 2 years and just started going out a few months ago. I'm 18 and he's 20, my mom hates him for no given reason. The first time she met him she instantly despised him, he did his best to be nice to her and impress her. When he left she told me she didn't like him became he was a meth head because he looked pale. The only type of drug he does is marijuana but medication to help his insomnia and help him eat since he has problems eating without smoking.

A few days ago him and I hung out but we had no curfew, he dropped me off at 1:30 am. He lives 40 minutes away so he spends a lot of gas money to visit me. My mom freaked out the next day saying I was a bad kid because he brought me home so late we're not allowed to see or talk to each other and that I have to break up with him. She told me if I didn't break up with him that "You need to get the f*** out of my house." Here's the thing that is mind boggling about my situation, I pay my bills, bought my own car, work, watch her kids who are not my biological siblings, buy my own food, and go to college. I don't see what I'm doing wrong, I can't figure it out. He has tried multiple times to sit down with her and tell him about herself but she shuts him down without any given thought.

My boyfriend and I are secretly dating, I got my phone and car taken away so I'm stuck using my laptop currently. Him and I have been talking about getting an apartment together for quite a bit because he feels as if my mother's relationship with me is toxic and unhealthy because she verbally abuses me. I just applied to a job earlier to earn a better pay and she told me I was not allowed to do it because she said so. To sit down with this woman and talk to her about how I feel is nearly impossible, she claims she knows what's best for me but I'm beginning to question that. Does anyone have an idea on what I should do or an opinion? I'm completely lost at this point.
1
0