Should we break up?

My boyfriend & I have been together 9 months. He's a very strong, independent & self proud man which I love about him. He's been bought up very hard & some people may say cold so he finds it hard to understand or express emotions.
We get on like a house on fire & our relationship is amazing. However it goes through periods where he becomes distant, previously it's been down to stress revolving around his family or work & he will eventually talk to me about it but not at the time. Then we go back to normal after a few days to a week.
This time however it's different. He's distanced himself further, reduced affection & making time for his friends & not me.
We have spoken about it & he said he doesn't realise he is doing it & thinks he has some kind of bipolar which his mum has mentioned before. But since that conversation nothing has changed. He said that his previous girlfriend said the same thing & then broke up with him. He keeps asking if I am going to break up with him now too. He's also said that I am too good & kind for him & I deserve someone who can give the same back as he can't do that & he doesn't get why he can't. He said he's 'not wired right'.
Now is he distancing himself as he is preparing himself for a break up as he's noticed the pattern from his previous relationship & we need to work through it & him trust that's not what I want to do. Or
is this what our relationship is & maybe he doesn't actually care enough but is happy have someone around until the next one comes along?
Honestly feeling so confused. I don't know what to do. I can't handle how distant & hot & cold he is being as it's making me feel insecure but I don't want to throw it away if he is distant cos he is recognising the situation but doesn't want to throw everything into it if it's going to end anyway...

0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• He's the one for you. All you have to do is just work things out. talk to him tell him how you feel about the things between you and him.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He's turning it into a self-fulfilled prophecy. I am not sure there is anything you can do. I'd break up with him if I were you

0|0
    0|0
Loading... ;