My boyfriend calls me names?

Whenever my boyfriend and I fight he says hurtful things to me. I gave him one last chance and a couple of days ago we got into a fight, I didn't do anything but he yelled at me calling me a bitch, asshole, saying he was going to find another girl, that I ruin everything and that if I left his place he would be done with me/ hurt himself. I broke up with him and told him to get help. He told me he's seeing a therapist now and keeps texting me trying to make it work and saying he is going to change since he is getting professional help. What do I do?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• What he is doing is unacceptable and you need to have some standards for yourself and expectations for the man your with.
    The best thing you can do is leave him.
    Even with seeking professional help he needs to see there are consequences for his actions.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you go back to him, then he'll think his problem is solved and stop going to therapy.

Wish him well and hope that he treats his next girlfriend better while you move on to someone who will treat you better.

• I'm trying but he keeps asking me to talk in person and he won't stop messaging me

• And it will be hard not to reply or let him back in, but you are under no obligation to do so. If he is abusive like you say, then there is no reason to let somebody that toxic back in to your life once you have broken free.

What Guys Said 4

• It won't change so you have a decision

• Just leave, a while a therapist may be helping, there needs to be more than just that. He needs to want to change, and while time may say differently about his behavior, you can do a lot better than being called names and hoping he'd change.

• Just remember it doesn't just stop at one type. If they can emotionally hurt you, they can physically hurt you.

• Walk away

What Girls Said 2

• What do you do? You stick to your standards & you MOVE ON.

• Not worth your time. Leave him and move on. You deserve much better than this. No one deserves to be treated this way