What do you think of being friends with an ex? Is that really moving on?

I think truly moving on means letting go and cutting off connections with your ex. In my personal experience, when I have wanted to "stay friends" with someone it didn't work out with romantically, it's been because I still feel attached to that person.
I wouldn't want to date someone who is still connected to any of his exes. I don't care how long ago they dated. If there was an attraction and an emotional connection between them, I wouldn't believe it was completely gone if they both wanted to stay in touch.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you can but it is still a case of know and understand the feeling and not getting caught back in them. Like I have dating and had sexually relationship with girls. Were we tried it out it did not work. They introduced me to some of there friend and then we tried it out. I've even helped some of them get new bfs. I'm not saying this works for everyone one and it can take some time to get used to. But I like at it this way. I want here to be happy it's not with me so I'll help her find the best Guy I can. And if I meet one of her friends hopefully she'll put in a good word too

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you. I use to do this and find out that it never works out with just being friends because deep down you still have feelings for that person. And to hear them talk about someone else will only depress and stress you even more. Not worth the stress and headache to being going through.

What Guys Said 2

• No it isn't moving on and a fantasy

• i think its ok to be friendswit ur ex

What Girls Said 2

• You can be only friends with an ex if you are truly over them. Meaning you will have no bad reaction seeing them dating someone else. you are even happy for them when they find love. I have one ex I am friends with and I even congratulated them on their wedding day. I dumped him coz he cheated on me lol

• I agree with this. Some people say they can be friends with an ex but it’s pointless and I don’t care how “amazing” of a person the ex is... if it’s over.. it’s over.