Guys, We met, fell in love, wanted a future together, and then he leaves?

We were so happy together. It seemed he couldn't go half an hour without saying "I love you." He was constantly kissing my cheek and holding my hand and loving me. He always did little acts of service for me, and saw me go through depressive episodes, anxiety attacks, saw all of my ugly, and said "I just want to be there for you, I'm not going to stop loving you." He said a little bit before it all went down, "I have been thinking a lot about out future lately." Then, out of the blue, he said he needed a break. I didn't like this and a few days later I went off on him on the phone for not committing. Then a couple days later he texted me saying "It breaks my heart to say this, but don't think things are going to work out between us," because apparently, we have different views of life and the people around us? Which just isn't true besides for the fact that he prefers hanging out with groups of people and I prefer one-on-one. He does really like people, and I was starting to socially isolate myself more because of my depression, but I didn't think it was THAT big of a deal.

We chatted once and didn't talk about the breakup, mostly about school and stuff, and I said I was doing well, he said said he was very glad to hear it, and that he had missed talking to me. He sent me a picture a few days ago of a note I had left in one of his books that he found. I had written, "I love you." I asked him why he sent it and he said he didn't really know, he just sent it.

We were best friends. I know he was starting to struggle with anxiety again and has a lot of life changes going on, plus I was about to move an hour away so we were going to see each other a little less. I just don't understand. He's 20 and I'm 21, and I know in his heart he is a sweet, genuine, kind person. This all is so unlike him. It's only been three weeks. Can anyone explain his behavior, and tell me if I have any hope?

2

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think this guy was ion love with you. I think he is very eager to be in love and, when you two got together, he saw this as his opportunity to be in love. He rushed in very quickly, he said "I love you" all the time like a little kid saying "I'm not afraid of the dark" when they are stumbling through the dark of night. When he spent more time with you, he realized that he had made a bad decision for himself and he extricated himself in a very clumsy manner.

• Wait... the relationship was only for 3 weeks?
    I see a lot of reasons here why he will leave, i just want to confirm the relationship time frame first.

• No we were together for a few months.

• No, he was in love with me too. I know he was.

• You know huh... then how would you explain the ditching? hell how do you even KNOW...