How to forget or even stop loving my ex boyfriend (27) who left me for someone else?

I am 24. We were together for 2 years and 8 months. He broke up with me 3 weeks ago saying he wasn't happy with me even though we were celebrating his bday and having some nice dates a week before our ridiculous fight we had which cause us to give us space for less than week. The day we meet up after the fight was the day he broke up with me. He said straight up that he didn't love me and is seeing someone else. The day of the breakup, I felt I couldn't say everything I wanted to tell him or even fight for our love from the shock. So i tried the next week after the break up to meet up and I give him a letter expressing that how we should give our love a second chance since I stupidly was thinking he was confused. We meet but it was pointless, since it didn't change his mind. I feel like he was hypocrite saying he love me a week before the fight then out of the blue he move on so easily with another girl. Right now I'm accepting we broke up but I am so mad that I fell for a guy who i thought was caring, sweet, trustworthy would dump me and post in social media he is with another girl after less than two days we met and I gave him my letter and speech about our love. FYI I only have Facebook not snapchat or instagram so I wasn't aware until my friend showed me that he was posting his loveydovey moments with her in instagram& snapchat. He never posted nothing facebook so I obvious feel so stupid not knowing this. Tbh, I feel like I was slap in my face. I have been listening from friends, family, and web how it might be a rebound relationship and such that he will come back and regret it; and that ill move on. I know that I have to value and love myself and so on. And believe me I am trying so hard to move on. I have trying to distract as much as much as I can and telling myself I can't cry for a man that right now is apparently so happy with her while I am heartbroken but there are moments I feel so sad he did this me after all the history we have.

Yes i know i thinks it is just time I need. It sucks but I guess I have to deal with it. We were our first relationship together and I guess it hurt that we are both virgen and i was this close to give it to man that thought love me but just broke my heart. 😢Thank you for all advice and support. I was told from friends to be more social and use this breakup to be a better woman that he will regret.

42

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a good distraction ;)

• Be a better woman so he'll regret it? Why not become a better woman to be a better woman lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Step 1: Cut him off. Completely eliminate his existence from your world. Do not follow him on social media, do not keep his number around, block his number, and do not give him the privilege of having unlimited access into your life, your thoughts, and your heart. This creates a solid foundation for your healing. Don't do this and it creates a shaky, easily destroyed foundation for your healing.

Step 2: Acknowledge just how damaging and destructive the act of leaving is. He left you. He left you. He walked away from you and your relationship. Not only did he turn his back on you, but he STABBED you in the back by leaving you for someone else. His loyalty had an expiration date. Now, is that really the kind of man you want to be getting attached to? Is that really the type of person you should be longing for? HELL NO !

Step 3: Give yourself the time and space to process this heartbreak. Let yourself go through the motions of heartache. Cry, scream, binge on junk food, work out/release those endorphins, gain strength. Allow yourself to mourn the loss of an idea, let the process dismantle you, then put yourself back together and be even more excellent and stronger than you were before.

Lastly, never desire a man who does not strive or moral excellence. He's now in your past, leave him there. You deserve better.

What Guys Said 1

• Make new one and try to jelease him

What Girls Said 3

• Sorry about your breakup! I think the only thing that really helps to get over something like that is time. Until then, it's best to keep busy, in order to occupy yourself so you aren't thinking about it as much. Even though you are sad, go on doing the same things you would normally enjoy, and be sure to exercise & get enough rest.

• You gave up two years of your life to this person. Obviously you are going to be hurt by what he said. I'm sure a lot of it was said out of anger and wasn't meant but that doesn't make it hurt any less. You will grieve the loss of the relationship. It hurts... bad. Some men think they can avoid hurt by hooking up with another girl right after a breakup. It usually doesn't last because they are with the other girl for the wrong reasons. Keep yourself busy and try to occupy your mind. Time will heal your heart. He will likely come back at some point and it will be up to you how you deal with it. I wouldn't give him a chance to apologize when he does. Best of luck to you!

• Time is the key ingredient in recovering from breakups. Since it's fresh I encourage you: DO acknowledge your TRUE emotions (anger, hurt, bitterness, etc) DO talk about it to a trusted friend or family who is willing to listen/give advice. DO cry to let out everything. Get it out your system. Therefore I can't advice you to do all of this forever. You have to make an attempt to move forward. Keep yourself busy: exercise, listen to music, go out with your girlfriends, go shopping, go for a walk, etc. Then when the time is right you can start dating again. Just keep in mind that if it was meant to be then he wouldn't do that to you. I'm currently dealing with a breakup myself. It's not easy but I know things are going to be just fine for me and you 😊