My boyfriend goes out every weekend to his friends and I'm in alone?

Every weekend while I'm stuck in with the kids. I haven't been out myself since before kids were born years ago. I once tried to but he screamed in my face and made a big deal about me having a friend. I don't have friends because he's always made an issue of me having them and the one I did make I stopped going out with because he made me feel ashamed, overhearing him on the phone saying to his pals, she's got a friend isn't that good I'm glad she's going out, it made me feel small why was he telling his friends anything like that?
My life is dull if it wasn't for my kids I'd have nobody to speak too.
i want to leave but I have nowhere to go to, no family or friends.

i don't know what to do?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• This reminds me of that movie, "Marley & Me". Jennifer Alison's character used to be passionate about her job, and once she had kids and a house to take care of, she had to focus on that. At one point in her life, she went to her husband and said "I feel like I've given up so many things that made me who I am." She brings herself back afterwards by saying ".. But I'm a very bad person if I say that." It was a small scene in the movie, but it resonated with me the most.

When it comes to having kids, nobody tells you how much you have to give up. It's not up to you as to how much you should be caring and prioritizing your kids; they are number one on your list every day.

But it is up to you to decide who will be there to help you. I think it's important to make your boyfriend understand what your position is, and what kind of responsibility you're expecting him to take when he knows that you have children. If he does not respect you or your needs as a mother, then you may need to assess your relationship more critically as to whether this is the person you want to be with. Because the unfortunate truth is that these kind of situations usually only get worse over time.

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds awful and he makes you feel like you are trapped in the relationship.
    I hope you manage to get away from him one day because you deserve to be happy.

What Guys Said 4

• Sounds like your boyfriend is a controlling asshole.

• U can here follow my profile n chat me

• don't u use vibrator?

• just be glad you have a boyfriend with kids.. most girls on here with kids, are still single

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!