How Can I get over my ex? How do I not care when he gets a new girlfriend?

Hey guys, I just need somebody to talk to, since I have no one else. My boyfriend and I were dating for 4 years and we broke up. It’s been 4 months since our break up and it gets hard for me when he moves on. I’ve been trying my best to get over him, we were friends but I just stopped talking to him and did the no contact rule, and I’m still doing it. I’ve even started going different routes since we go to school together just so I won’t see him. I used to hate the sight of him, but I’ve honestly don’t hate him anymore. He broke up with me and tried to keep in contact but as you guys know I stopped all that. He would try to call or text or say hi to me in the hallway, I’d decline his calls but I would speak and say hi back. Then he gets a new girl and now I feel like I’ve made no progress and now I’m here crying and sad wondering why I can’t get over him. Then I guess him and the other girl didn’t work out so not even a week has gone passed and now he’s with a new girl. And NO! I’m not worried about him. I kid you not it’s like he strategically placed where he’s gonna let me find out where he has a new girlfriend. Like he does his stunts right where he knows I’ll be. But maybe I’m wrong? Maybe I just happen to be there? Every time I find out I die a little inside. I wish I didn’t have to always witness this, I always try to make progress and it seems like nothing works. I even took a break from social media to just find myself, spend time with family, and friends. I’ve been happier. But every time he pulls those kind of stunts I just get hurt. I’m tired of hurting I want to get over him, but nothing is working! I’m really mad at myself, because there’s this guy, my bestfriend that I’ve fallen for. And I won’t even express my feelings or anything Bc I know I’m not over my ex and I refuse to just make him a rebound. How Can I get over him? How Can I stop hurting when he continuously finds new girl friends and it always happens in front of me?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Look at the whole situation objectively. ,, a boy breaks up with his girlfriend which he dated for over 3 years.,, u r not the first u won't be the last on this path. Find urself a hobby - books, music, art, gym. And the most important dont let urself have time alone always find urself something to do , cleaning , jogging , doing homeworks

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh honey... I feel so much empathy for you :(

I know what you're talking about... When Levi and I dated, he was my everything. And when he broke up with me and went after my best friend, I fell apart. We had a 7 year friends with benefits on/off fling... We both confessed to each other that we were afraid that we would never love another person as much as we loved each other.

No, I don't doubt he is probably doing it strategically--maybe even subconsciously. Because he wants some sort of reaction out of you, to know that you still care. I could be wrong, but it sounds like you went silent for a while... and that might have bothered him to not have gotten a more dramatic reaction. I will be honest though, it sounds like this relationship isn't going to go anywhere. And I am afraid it will be one of those ones you want to go back for...

I don't know how you get over these kind of things... you kind of just do it. Life forces you forward... and you drag your feet along You isolate yourself for a while, let yourself grieve... and then keep moving. It's like a marathon. You might stop for a bit, but you just keep moving towards the finish line.

I feel terrible for you because there is no clean, cut answer as how to get over this quickly or painlessly. All I can say is... it can be done :)

• If you just need to vent or anything, message me. Sometimes you just need someone to listen. I get that.

• Thank you so much!

What Guys Said 3

• Either kill him OR wear a blindfold for the rest of your days
    If you REALLY like the blindfold idea just go all out and blind yourself somehow, OR ask for help with it

Seriously though, time, that's all you can do, wait for time to do it's magic

• I think the best way to do this is to find a hobby to take your mind onto other things. Talk to people with the same experiences and see how they manage if u need someone to talk to hers my messenger link id be glad to lend an ear😊 m. me/john137279

• Pleasure

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!