Ex is talking to his ex again and they're both hanging out with my friends?

So this guy I dated for not very long (we did things and he's my first proper boyfriend, it was important to me) had gotten out of a 2 year relationship and started dating me. The girl was very upset and I understand. So we dated and then he dumped me and wanted to fix himself or whatever. I was really hurt but we still kind of acted like we were together still and we did things together that I've never done before. Then I found out he was talking to other girls and I snapped and told him "if you want loyalty try being fucking loyal yourself, you self righteous fuck". He always stressed that I'd cheat on him and I wasn't loyal but I pushed all my guy friends away to make him feel better and gain his trust and I had to trust him or he'd get mad. Anyway, since I said that to him I ignored his messages. I haven't gotten a message in a week or spoken to him. He's hanging around my friends and his ex is best friends with my old best friend and it's really awkward. Do I "keep my friends close and my enemies closer" ? Or avoid it? Was what he did wrong? It's all so confusing and draining and I feel so empty now. I lost my friends and the guy I loved is the biggest asshole. Fuck.
1
1