No contact from my ex after 5 months, what do I do?

My ex and i broke up about 5 months ago. We were together 3.5 years. We had our ups and downs but i stood by him through so much. He would always tell me and show me he loved me. We had plans to move in together. Im not really sure how it happened but he said he started to see me more as a friend. But yet the day before we broke up he said he loved me more than ill ever know and he was excited to finally live together. I was very confused. He had some doubts a few months prior but we worked through them and he said he wanted to be with me. I didn't fight for the relationship this time, i was too hurt. He wanted to keep in touch because he still loved me but i told him no its too hard. Its been 5 months and I have not heard from him. I still miss him and im dying to know if he misses me. I dont think I want to be with him out of fear of breaking up again but i think i just need the valedation that im missed. Im trying to keep busy and i have great friends. Im just struggling with how hurt I feel beliving everything he said and him clearly not meaning it, and wondering if he misses it all. Sorry this is long, any advice?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• As you said, you only want validation and are scared of that messed up commitment, which means that actually knowing this bit of information won't change anything in your relationship.

The only thing you'll accomplish is make a fool out of him and tie yourself up in another roller coaster of emotion depending on his answer.

Answer made simple : Move On, nothing good's gonna come out of that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Move on! He's probably dating somebody else. He told you that just to make the breakup smooth. The problem is, you had sex with the guy, you more and likely lived with him when you shouldn't. And now this is the price when you don't want for any of that in marriage. Either way, again, you will have to move on. You can't take him back. And whether he does miss you or not should be irrelevant. Lots of people don't really care. You at the end of the day, do.

What Guys Said 2

• He is trying to move on now.

• ex's, are ex's, move on

What Girls Said 1

• I say move on. Sorry this happened to you. He could miss you as a friend.