What's the worst way to break-up?

This is a question out of curiosity. I have my own opinion on the worst way to break-up, but I wonder what everyone else thinks. I also want to know if guys and girls think differently about this.

• In person
  • Text message
  • Phone call
    Vote C
  • Email
    Vote D
  • Get a friend to do it for you
    Vote E
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1712

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting a friend to do it for you. There's literally no excuse as to why someone else should deal with your problem beause you can't face it yourself. If you're gonna break up with someone, as least show them respect by doing it yourself.

Sorry, rant over.

What Guys Said 11

• The worst way to break up is the way mine broke up with me. Completely cut off all contact and don't return their calls or texts or anything so that after a week or so they take the hint. It's made even worse when there was no clue beforehand that anything was wrong.

• Absolutely! I mean WTF? Why do women have to be f***ing cowards about it? Ignoring us until we get the hint? I had a few girls do that to me. One just left town. I went over to her place, no answer, looked into the window, her stuff was gone, the only way I found out she even moved out of town is by asking somebody else. Seriously! That's only the most extreme case, most of the time when a girl does this they just avoid contact like a plague. Is treating us like a human being really that hard?

• Well I have a question since we are opening a debate here. Do you guys really tell somebody that you don't like straight up? With no games, no bs, none of that?>

• I do. I felt horrible but my ex deserved to hear it from me, and to his face. No games. I explained why it wasn't working for me and that there was no way we would get together again. He didn't seem to get that last part though...

• When breaking up, in person is the 'best' way, by phone is just about acceptable if you can't face them directly. Anything else is just cowardly with getting a friend to do it worst of all!

• Getting someone else into the breakup triangulates the relationship. It's needless and cowardly.

• I have broken up with a girl where the girl had her friend do it for her. The worst part was that the girl I was going out with was less than 3 feet away from her friend when she did it.

• Worst break up was when my girlfriend told me she loved me, and then ten minutes later told me she was dumping me for her ex. Now is that love or what!?

• if you really feel to break up just say it directly rather avoiding yourself and making yourself unsecured about what you have done so it is better and nice to be always face to face rather with text, mobile, email or bla bla etc...

regards

sameer

• E. There's absolutely no call to drag other people into your private problems like that.

• iv had B, and C, but they both ignored me before it and after it for awhile

• my worst break up was when my girl told me she just wanted to f@@@ this other dude

• in person is personal. you can talk about it. it's sincere and shows they're not trying to hide from you.

phone call: at least you can hear their voice and talk in real time.

email: weak, but at the very least shows they sat down and took the time to do it.

friend: they're scared, but at least it wasn't a text.

text: convenient, impersonal, curt. it's like they never liked/loved you, no matter how many emoticons they put in there.

these go from best to worst.

• This question reminds me of bitchy girls, so many of them in this world.

What Girls Said 17

• All of these except in person!

Who would be such an idiot and a coward to break up with someone in any other way than in person, or if they really can't reach the other person -they live very VERY far away- hen a phone call, or Skype... but it's still cruel.

The only right way to break up with someone is in person.

But I guess if I have to choose it would be to get a friend to do it for you. It's the cruelest of all of these 'options', since then the 'friend' that the other person doesn't know is supposed to do it, that puts a lot of pressure on him/her and it's pretty selfish (of the person who's too chicken to do the actual breaking up themselves), AND not to mention the very public humiliation of the broken up person, and he/she could break down in front of a complete stranger! it's horrific!

hope I helped

**StillWater**

• walk away and say nothing.. no one gets clarity or closure- it sucks,

• passive breaking up is the worst! guys do this stop texting and calling and make you wonder what you did wrong which can make you want to fix things but nope if theys top talking to you its broke :( my hearts broken :(

• Anything that doesn't involve face to face confrontation. So, email, text, ignoring, friend doing it for you, phone call, etc.

• i would have to either say have a friend do it for you or through an email. I mean having a friend do it for you shows that they didn't not enough care about you enough to explain the reason to your face...and did not even want to deal with you...email is probably ALMOST as bad. I don't think a text would be as bad because they are still talking straight to you, and you can reply instantly. Yet in email it is not instant...

• I think the worst way to break up with someone is getting a friend to do it, never even heard of people doing that, its embarrassing enough when two people are involved in a break up, but then involving someone else cause the person doesn't have the courage and the decency to do it themselves is even more embarrassing. I wouldn't even like someone asking me out through a friend so definitely wouldn't like someone breaking up with me through a friend, though I suppose seeing how immature they are might help with the whole getting over them process.

• definitely getting a friend to do it, it says that you're even too gutless to call or text or do something yourself.

• ...Getting a friend do it for you is the worst way...You show absolutely no respect in the other person, it's a sign of weakness and the person who ruins a relationship like this is considered as a coward by me. Also doing that, you make the other person feel embarrassed about it.

It's so immature...

• i would say email because if you're one of those people who don't check it everyday, that would be really bad.

• Get a friend to do it for you

Do people actually do that?

• The worst way is to get a friend to tell you, because

1. You get embarrassed because they told someone else

2. The person didn't want to make it heartfelt.

• Text message and email are pretty bad...but to have a friend do it for you? Daaaaamn.

• I'd say first E, then B, then C, then D, then A.

But who really uses a friend to do it for you? Honestly, that's kinda juvenile.

• I was once broken up with at his grandfather's funeral. Surrounded by his entire family. What's worse is that it was two hours from where I live, so I was stuck at his mother's house until I could find a ride back home.

• Tie for me getting a friend to do it or doing it by email/text is the worst!

• wow people are very shy to break up with them by texting, email, phone or a freind

• I was dumped by text by my first love. It hurt that he wouldn't even do it in person. He said he still loved me, but didn't want a girlfriend anymore. I was devastated...