Have you already been through counseling? Was there infidelity? Why are you unhappy?
- KidsVote A
- FinancesVote B
- ConvenienceVote C
- In fear of starting overVote D
- Other. Please share.Vote E
- Trying to make it work.Vote F
Most Helpful Guy
I'm in a marriage exactly like this.
We have agreed that for now we are living together but seperated.
Basically we are just housemates.
And we date, and have separate social lives as we see fit.
So why do we not separate and divorce yet? We plan on it.
Right now I stay because of kids and seperating would cause financial ruin for both of us, and I don't want to put my children through that kind of hardship.1
Most Helpful Girl
We have tried counseling, no infidelity, there's a lot of problems.
Here's some examples:
1. He has no empathy skills
2. I have boundary issues and self esteem issues
3. He Is passive aggressive
4. He Is very reactive, only good at blaming everything on me
5. I Have to solve all our problems or else he will just be angry
6. No listening skills, kind of narcissistic as in he expects me to listen to him and show him empathy
7. Instead of apologizing he makes excuses why he is an asshole, and says too bad i married him, deal with it
8. He always acts like he is right and i am wrong, when it's 99% not true
9. If he hurts my feelings, I have to pretend it's nothing but if I hurt his feelings he will call me names, yell and throw things
10. He spends way too much money without telling me, on stupid hobbies that he just doesn't really need
He doesn't want to change, i change or nothing
Marriage is hard. I try 100%, he does nothing but complains0