Newly single: when to get back out there?

I just broke up with my girlfriend of 6 months a week ago. She was my first girlfriend or serious relationship so obviously I'll always have feelings for her but when is it ok to go out and start dating/ hooking up with other girls?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• When you feel ready. When you don't think you'll repeat your ex's name during sex with another girl or break down into tears when the new girl you're dating remotely reminds you of her. The fact that you're asking us when we think you should start dating again means you need to be alone for a while.

Most Helpful Guy

• As soon as you feel ready to date, go date. Jeez

What Girls Said 2

• give yourself time, its been only a week.

• I just think it always depends on the person that is living that break up. Give it some time and I think you'll have the answer to yourself. There are no rights and wrongs.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!