Why do I miss my loser ex so much?

Dated for about a year... I knew I could've done better. There were lots of people who said he didn't deserve me, said he was a loser. But for some reason, I still miss him now. I would take him back, over any new guy I see. He was possessive, crazy, older than me (but in some ways I felt older than him), but looking back, I realize I WANT it back. There were many other options I had, but at the end of the day, I chose him... I can't really put this dynamic into words.

Can anyone explain what's going on, or relate to this?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Beat your meat and rethink it. I'm not trying to sound like a dick but maybe you want him cause your bored or need sexual needs, did you really love him? Do you see yourself with him maybe for the rest of your life?

Most Helpful Girl

• When a relationship ends you feel a sense of loss. It's not easy for most people to adapt to their new circumstances after a breakup. You are so used to him being part of your life, so there's a void in your life now he's gone. . Even those in abusive relationships can miss their ex. It's a daunting thought having to rebuild your life and create new dreams and goals for your future without your ex being part of it.

Focus on the person you were when you were with him. If you dislike who you were then rethink about wanting him back

• well, it's been half a year and I'm still missing him. I don't like the person I was when I was with him, I hate the fact he's still on my mind, but I can't get him out

What Guys Said 2

• You may just have a thing for the "dominant-bad-boy-who's-older-than-you-type."

• Sometimes it's missing an idea of a person but that's for you to decide

What Girls Said 1

• your grieving your loss
    he probably has moved on
    once dumped a guy can find a girl within 3 weeks

• I don't mean to come off as arrogant or bitchy, but he really was a loser. He's even admitted to me, that I'm the type of girl that he could only imagine being with... for him to move on and find another, is a bit unbelievable... My point, is that I know he's grieving what happened. But I don't know why I feel sorry about losing him, when there was nothing much to lose in the first place.

• I was with him for over a year, and we broke up cause of me

• but he didn't learn from it D: