Guys if your ex called, how would you respond and why?

When he broke up with me he said he didn't want a relationship nor did he love me. I tried calling the other day, just over 2 weeks after the break up. He didn't answer and I didn't leave a message. He texted me right away saying he saw my missed call and asked how I was. Was he just being nice or curious? Am I crazy to think it might be more? Guys if your ex called, how would you respond and why?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• He was just being friendly, that's all. The thing with contacting your ex so soon, you can misinterpret things he will say or try reading into them deeply as well.

I am still in contact with my ex boyfriend, but he has moved on, been dating and such, but there is nothing between me and him but plain friendship. We do care and look out for each other but that's the sum of it. I do wish at times when I think about how things used to be, would love to get back with him, but I just have to pick my heart up off the floor and start afresh.

I do hope that clears it up a bit for you. He is being caring and friendly, but that's all. Don't get your hopes up only to have them dashed. Just keep busy getting on with your life and have fun.

You deserve happiness.

• I disagree if guys respond immediately after a call it usually means he got nervous when you called and didn't know what to say, like he wasn't expecting it. But, he did wanna talk to you so he texted you right back. I only have insight on this because the exact same thing happened to me I was very excited when my ex called but was nervous and not expecting it so I didn't answer, but I text her, we kept texting and eventually things got a lot better.

What Guys Said 2

• If he hasn't/didn't call you back he probably texted you to just be nice. If he were looking to rekindle I think he would have called you back or answered. He probably still cares about you and genuinely wanted to make sure you were OK. Sometimes people can be heartless when it comes to break ups but deep down everyone has feelings and if he dated you he clearly cares.

• Well if my ex called I would be like eager to talk to her because the thing is I still have feelings for her

• Have you told her that? Did you break up with her or did she break up with you?

• Maybe with a little time you guys can start talking again. good luck with your relationship.

• If there was anyway possible I would love to get her back but the way things are going right now I don't know how that's going to work ... she was the love of my life

What Girls Said 1

• I think if a guy says he didn't love you then there's really nothing to it. also, if he texted you back instead of calling back then that's another hint that he doesn't really care.

• Then why even bother texting at all?