How do I move on from dreaming about my crush? It's been 5 years?

Ok so I had a crush 5 years ago (I still have a crush on her). I asked her out one day and she said yes even though she was already dating someone (weird right). So I was really excited to go out with her then about 2 weeks after talking to her I seen her kissing a guy and she said she had been going out with him for a month. I was like WTF but ok. So we don't really talk to each other anymore. I like some things she puts on instagram and she likes some of my things. It's been 5 years and I still have a crush on her and I dream about her everything night even though I know she's dating someone I still have a crush on her. They got engaged last month and I still have a crush on her. Do you have any advice on how I can move on?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you tried dating anyone else? It’s hard to get over people you had your mind set on, but think of this as for the better. She doesn’t seem like she’d be solid in a relationship, and even if you got her, how could you trust her with that kind of cheater track record? Just giving you things to consider when you’re having weak moments.

• I've asked out like 3 people since then but they all say the same thing (im ready for a relationship). I just don't think anyone wants to date me. And we never actually went out on a date. We just texted but she said she wanted to go out with me.

• No one wants to date me they all say they don't want to date me.

• Well you’re young, and sometimes girls your age can be indecisive and want to do their single thing. Doesn’t mean you should give up on exploring your options, or keep dwelling on this girl who very clearly isn’t suited for a committed relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can confess your feelings to her to have a opening. If you do confess then its easy for you to move on and there is no such thing as crush for 5 years but there is one thing and its love and one sided love is brutal,
    Never underestimate the power of sided love, unlike other relationships its not divided b/w two people, only You own it.

What Girls Said 2

• There's no such thing as a crush for 5 years you are in love with that person.

• You clearly have a personality disorder and you are obsessed with her. Get a life maybe?

What Guys Said 2

• You maybe have an illusion of how it would be with her based at the (little?) amount of time you spent with her. Think about - like the girl said here in the comments - how she would be considering her cheat track reckless and dangerment record ⏺. There is lovely girls out there...

• Porsue your dreams, the momment that you start improving yourself and working towards your goals, you will not only forget about this girl but will attract others.