Why did he tell me that he can't work on the relationships?

So my ex of three years broke up with me. There was a fight which started because he comparied me to his ex (in bed). I was very upset and said he should go be with his ex then. I apologized for what I said but he broke up with me tell me how I broke his heart and he could not view me the same. The next day he messaged me asking how I slept. I was willing to work on the issue. I asked why he didn't want to. He told me it is not that he didn't but he can't. The more I am away the more upset I am at him. I am upset because I justified things I don't most guys would say to their girlfriend. Example "I could have sex with others if I wanted but I choose not to." I accepted female friends. The females were not the problem but him ignoreing how I felt when I tried to tell him. Like I did not like him hanging out with his female friend till 3am. He would just turn it around tell me I don't trust him and overthink. Somehow what I said about him going back to his ex which I apologized was worse. So bad he couldn't even think of trying to work past the problem.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't really see why you want him back. He doesn't compromise and your comment you made about going back to his ex was brought on by him being disrespectful and rude to you bringing up his ex in comparison to you. Good riddance.

Most Helpful Girl

• You deserve better. He sounds very manipulative. Relationships with people like that only get worse not better. And if you're not okay with him hanging out with a girl till 3 am that makes complete sense. The only things open after midnight are legs and the E. R.

What Guys Said 1

• he doesn't appreciate you and is playing games with your emotions

What Girls Said 2

• He was probably cheating and used "how you hurt him" as an excuse to just break up. Like a dickhead. You had a right to be upset, I would be so pissed if my boyfriend compared me to his ex IN BED! He sounds like an ass and no way in hell should he be hanging out with girl friends till 3 am. If he wants to chill with girls, it should be with you there too. So yeah, you're better off without him. Don't waste anymore of your time !

• Cause he's over it