If you've moved on... How do you now feel about your first love?

Meaning do you ever think about him/her? Are you in contact with him/her? Would you ever try to rekindle anything with him/her? How long has it been since you last spoke?

1215

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think about her at all until your question like this comes up.

I don't keep in contact or care how she is doing.

I'm happily married and wouldn't try to rekindle any kind of relationship romantic nor civil.

I haven't spoke to her in like 18 years.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've known my first love since I was 15. We were together for a few years then went long distance when he went away to college. We stuck it out for a while until I was half way through senior year. Then I broke up with him. Not because I didn't love him but because I just hated being away from him and it was just too difficult especially at such a young age. We stayed friends. I moved on and started dating and so did he. we still talked on occasion. He was my best friend. I few year later I got into an abusive relationship I was no longer allowed to talk to him. I missed him so much. Thought about him everyday. I loved him. I wanted to talk to him so bad. I just couldn't though. By the end of the three year relationship I had no one but family left. I messaged him on fb because I had no idea if his number was still the same. It took him a few months to get back to me because I went to his spam folder. But when he did it was like nothing changed he was so good and understanding. I told him how sorry I was and how I never stopped thinking about him or loving him. He told me I was the only girl he's ever loved and we've been together now for a few years.
    While I went through the motions of moving on and did date other guys he was the only guy I ever loved and fell in love with. I couldn't ever forget him.

• 😭😭

• Yeah, I'm glad you two are happy together!:)

• @vszsz thanks. So are we. Took forever it feels like. Haha

What Guys Said 14

• I never thought i'd be one of those. Heard about those stories about how you don't forget your first time or first love... and was like "duh, its a memory"... but what i didn't anticipate was still getting that tingling feeling when you think of them, and even worse, when you run into them.

Maybe I don't love them like that anymore, but there is still something there, and try as i might, i can't seem to stomp it out.

• It has been almost 14 years since we dated, but still she remains someone "close" to me, even if we rarely speak. I haven't seen her in about 3 years, but we talk on WhatsApp every so often, especially around our birthdays, which are only a week apart. I feel like if we lived in the same city, I'd see her about once every 1-3 months to catch up. Even though things didn't "work out" between us, we share an emotional understanding that I believe won't ever fade.

• It's been awhile since I talked to my ex. I still think about her. Last time we ever spoke, I got on the Greyhound bus to get to her! Yup! I missed her. Two years ago. I made her cry. She took me on a tour where she lived now. Roundrock, TX. Watch tv and little sex too. I email her sometimes, never get emails from her.

• I just see it as a learning experience nowadays. I'm thankful having gone through it. Rekindle, who knows? We're just acquaintances nowadays. It can't hurt to give it a shot now that I know more.

• I wish her a happy life. But after beating, Raping, drugging me, Stealing from me, Lying about me and cheating on me. She can stay far away from me.

• I do not hate her per se. I resent her. she dumped me with no explanations. without saying the words even. she alinated me

• She's dead so had to move on

• Sometimes I feel like what a foolish relation I've been through and max no of times I feel like she is the best

• I don't care about her anymore. Now she's just somebody that I used to know 😂😂

• To be honest, I do think about her. I am on contact with her and we still talk once in a while. its been a couple of days when we talked though I funny think reuniting with her now is an option for me.

• Every day i think about her... And I'm to scared of coming off as a crazy creep if i try to talk to her now :( ..

• Yes, no, no and 4 years 15 days.
    Wow. I guess its time to try and talk to some girls again

• Hahahahahahaha
    She is now an escort. Thank god we broke up.

• I just accept it. I still have the feels. Will always. I just accept i had the experince.

What Girls Said 11

• Meaning do you ever think about him/her?
    I do think about him sometimes. However, we were good friends for a while and things ended very amicably between us.

Are you in contact with him/her?
    Not really, but that's just because we have gone our separate ways in life.

Would you ever try to rekindle anything with him/her?
    I would not - neither would he. I see him as a friend and nothing more. I will never forget my first love, but I no longer love him in that way.

How long has it been since you last spoke?
    We haven't spoken since last year, but that's because he dropped out of the college we both went to and I left after the same semester that he dropped out so we haven't talked in a while.

• The first guy I actually loved I still have on Facebook. We spoke about two years ago, at the time I was helping him through a breakup. I do think about him because he's a very good friend and I want him to have the best in life, but I also know we would have never worked. We were never actually together either.

• My first love was in elementary school and I forgot his name lol. My first boyfriend and I broke up this year and I don't really think about him that much. Only when he sends me snaps about some game he's playing or something. Once the feelings are gone, the person leaves your mind until prompted to come back.

• I don't think about them anymore.

• Fond memories. All the heart ache has slipped away and I only think of the good times we had. But in no way do I want to rekindle it.

• I don't even think about them anymore or even remember why I was so attached in the first place. I become indifferent basically

• I dont think of him anymore, until I saw your question.
    It was hard, but I eventually cut contact with him, even though I still wanted to talk to him.
    No, I'm a much better person than he is.
    I dont know... two years?

• It's been 5 or 6 years since I've seen or spoken to him. And I still think about him all the time. I hate it.

• I rarely think about them at all. When I do it's rather apathetic. I neither wish them any harm or wish them back into my life.

• I don't feel anything

• He died. I think about him often but its been 13 years, its not everyday anymore. But it tore me up for years after he died, I wouldn't date anyone. Thats when I was young and believed in soulmates. I believed I lost mine at that young age. Second love, I think about him just not in the best way sometimes. I would never get woth him again. Everything about that relationship was poison and drama. We're not im contact at all. Some exs I do have on my fb and we're friendly, we dont talk but we might like something the other posts lol but I never fell inlove with them or been betrayed in some way.