Pardon the bad grammar below, trying to keep w/in my character limit was hard. Live in boyfriend (BF) wants me to chose him or the dog, what do I do?

boyfriend & I’ve been 2gether 18 months, lived 2gether since April. It was great until I got a dog. He has a cat & I don't like cats. I knew he loved his cat & I've never asked him to give her up. When we moved in I told him he needed to take care of anything cat related, but of course I feed her, buy her toys & clean her puke. I've been depressed & desperate for a dog. boyfriend agreed I could get a dog if it got along with his cat, didn't bark & didn't wake him. I found a dog at a shelter. I took boyfriend to meet the dog & boyfriend liked him. I took the dog home to see if he could get along with the cat & he did! No barking! The problem? When I leave for work the dog whined for a min. boyfriend is a light sleeper & said even 1 min of whining wakes him & is a deal breaker so I had to get rid of the dog. I begged him to give me more time to train the dog. I've been training the dog daily & now boyfriend said the dog no longer whines when I leave. Problem solved right? WRONG! boyfriend said that when I leave the dog cuddles next to him, that wakes him. I offered to shut the bedroom door & keep him in the living room. boyfriend said that wouldn’t work b/c the dog would cry to come in the room. I've asked my work to allow me to bring the dog to work. I've put myself on a list with my apt to get a garage so I can put the dog there for 3 hours until boyfriend wakes up & can get him. Meanwhile boyfriend has threatened to leave me several times. He has called me names & said, "You're a f**king idiot for getting a dog & my Dad agrees!" He's making life hell, despite the dog being almost perfect. I got the silent treatment last night, despite the fact that I’m looking for alternatives after I go to work. It has only been 3 weeks but I LOVE this dog. The thought of giving him back breaks my heart. I love boyfriend as well & we had no problems before the dog. I need advice on ways to either ease the tension or suggestions on how to train the dog more. Also if he gives me a real ultimatum what do I do? Losing either would be devastating.Pardon the bad grammar below, trying to keep w/in my character limit was hard. Live in boyfriend (BF) wants me to chose him or the dog, what do I do?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell boyfriend to pack his bags

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a sneak peek at how he will deal with kids, and how he handles still situations where things don't go his way. Sounds like a classic control freak in the making.

• Sadly I think it is. He is very particular when it comes to his sleep, everything else he's flexible on.

What Guys Said 3

• Just... Just ditch him. If he can't respect his part of the bargain about a dog, I wouldn't expect him to do so with people.

• It is hard because I understand he is a light sleeper and one of the conditions was that the dog couldn't disturb his sleep, which the dog does most mornings. I just have a hard time because for most people a dog cuddling you in the morning, wouldn't be a "deal breaker." It is actually going far better than I thought it would, the dog's behavior when I leave that is.

• I've thought of plenty of ways to be petty, I just always stop myself and try to be mature about it. We do have an age gap, but a small one and I don't think him being 25 should be an excuse to be childish.

• Obviously yeah.
      I don't think there is any miracle option for that, the best thing to do is always to talk about it, but it's pretty hard to get the right conditions.

• Seems like he is being cranky and inpatient all there is to it

• He definitely is and that's the struggle. In two weeks I got the dog to not whine when I leave, any dog owners would know that is amazing! Yet he is still treating me horribly because I can't make the dog stop cuddling him in a week. Any advice on how to convince him to give me more time to train a dog?

• Ditch him. Seriously. Dog is great.

• I LOVE my dog! I don't think I could give him up. He's too perfect.

What Girls Said 3

• Your dog pls

• Choose the dog x

• Boyfriend needs training.. you won't regret choosing the dog.