Pardon the bad grammar below, trying to keep w/in my character limit was hard. Live in boyfriend (BF) wants me to chose him or the dog, what do I do?

boyfriend & I’ve been 2gether 18 months, lived 2gether since April. It was great until I got a dog. He has a cat & I don't like cats. I knew he loved his cat & I've never asked him to give her up. When we moved in I told him he needed to take care of anything cat related, but of course I feed her, buy her toys & clean her puke. I've been depressed & desperate for a dog. boyfriend agreed I could get a dog if it got along with his cat, didn't bark & didn't wake him. I found a dog at a shelter. I took boyfriend to meet the dog & boyfriend liked him. I took the dog home to see if he could get along with the cat & he did! No barking! The problem? When I leave for work the dog whined for a min. boyfriend is a light sleeper & said even 1 min of whining wakes him & is a deal breaker so I had to get rid of the dog. I begged him to give me more time to train the dog. I've been training the dog daily & now boyfriend said the dog no longer whines when I leave. Problem solved right? WRONG! boyfriend said that when I leave the dog cuddles next to him, that wakes him. I offered to shut the bedroom door & keep him in the living room. boyfriend said that wouldn’t work b/c the dog would cry to come in the room. I've asked my work to allow me to bring the dog to work. I've put myself on a list with my apt to get a garage so I can put the dog there for 3 hours until boyfriend wakes up & can get him. Meanwhile boyfriend has threatened to leave me several times. He has called me names & said, "You're a f**king idiot for getting a dog & my Dad agrees!" He's making life hell, despite the dog being almost perfect. I got the silent treatment last night, despite the fact that I’m looking for alternatives after I go to work. It has only been 3 weeks but I LOVE this dog. The thought of giving him back breaks my heart. I love boyfriend as well & we had no problems before the dog. I need advice on ways to either ease the tension or suggestions on how to train the dog more. Also if he gives me a real ultimatum what do I do? Losing either would be devastating.Pardon the bad grammar below, trying to keep w/in my character limit was hard. Live in boyfriend (BF) wants me to chose him or the dog, what do I do?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell boyfriend to pack his bags

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a sneak peek at how he will deal with kids, and how he handles still situations where things don't go his way. Sounds like a classic control freak in the making.

• Sadly I think it is. He is very particular when it comes to his sleep, everything else he's flexible on.

What Guys Said 3

• Seems like he is being cranky and inpatient all there is to it

• He definitely is and that's the struggle. In two weeks I got the dog to not whine when I leave, any dog owners would know that is amazing! Yet he is still treating me horribly because I can't make the dog stop cuddling him in a week. Any advice on how to convince him to give me more time to train a dog?

• Ditch him. Seriously. Dog is great.

• I LOVE my dog! I don't think I could give him up. He's too perfect.

• Just... Just ditch him. If he can't respect his part of the bargain about a dog, I wouldn't expect him to do so with people.

• It is hard because I understand he is a light sleeper and one of the conditions was that the dog couldn't disturb his sleep, which the dog does most mornings. I just have a hard time because for most people a dog cuddling you in the morning, wouldn't be a "deal breaker." It is actually going far better than I thought it would, the dog's behavior when I leave that is.

• I've thought of plenty of ways to be petty, I just always stop myself and try to be mature about it. We do have an age gap, but a small one and I don't think him being 25 should be an excuse to be childish.

• Obviously yeah.
      I don't think there is any miracle option for that, the best thing to do is always to talk about it, but it's pretty hard to get the right conditions.

What Girls Said 3

• Your dog pls

• Choose the dog x

• Boyfriend needs training.. you won't regret choosing the dog.