Pardon the bad grammar below, trying to keep w/in my character limit was hard. Live in boyfriend (BF) wants me to chose him or the dog, what do I do?

boyfriend & I’ve been 2gether 18 months, lived 2gether since April. It was great until I got a dog. He has a cat & I don't like cats. I knew he loved his cat & I've never asked him to give her up. When we moved in I told him he needed to take care of anything cat related, but of course I feed her, buy her toys & clean her puke. I've been depressed & desperate for a dog. boyfriend agreed I could get a dog if it got along with his cat, didn't bark & didn't wake him. I found a dog at a shelter. I took boyfriend to meet the dog & boyfriend liked him. I took the dog home to see if he could get along with the cat & he did! No barking! The problem? When I leave for work the dog whined for a min. boyfriend is a light sleeper & said even 1 min of whining wakes him & is a deal breaker so I had to get rid of the dog. I begged him to give me more time to train the dog. I've been training the dog daily & now boyfriend said the dog no longer whines when I leave. Problem solved right? WRONG! boyfriend said that when I leave the dog cuddles next to him, that wakes him. I offered to shut the bedroom door & keep him in the living room. boyfriend said that wouldn’t work b/c the dog would cry to come in the room. I've asked my work to allow me to bring the dog to work. I've put myself on a list with my apt to get a garage so I can put the dog there for 3 hours until boyfriend wakes up & can get him. Meanwhile boyfriend has threatened to leave me several times. He has called me names & said, "You're a f**king idiot for getting a dog & my Dad agrees!" He's making life hell, despite the dog being almost perfect. I got the silent treatment last night, despite the fact that I’m looking for alternatives after I go to work. It has only been 3 weeks but I LOVE this dog. The thought of giving him back breaks my heart. I love boyfriend as well & we had no problems before the dog. I need advice on ways to either ease the tension or suggestions on how to train the dog more. Also if he gives me a real ultimatum what do I do? Losing either would be devastating.
4
4