How do I let this poor guy down?

There's this guy on the xc team and he wants to ask me to homecoming. I know this because everyone is telling me that he is. The bad thing is that he bought me a bear and made a poster and he's gonna ask me. I just don't know this guy very well and I don't want to go with him and I feel bad to turn him down, but I don't know what to do. So how should I turn this boy down. Ps I've only know this guy for 2 weeks and we only talked at stuco meeting and that's it.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Go with someone else and let people know. Or just straight up tell him in a nice way so he can say he "change" his mind (publicly) about who he wanted to go with so he can save face. If It doesn't stop then just be firm. I mean he has good intentions and seems like a nice guy but by letting everyone know he's putting you in a shitty position and that's kind of a dick thing to do.

• But how could I do it in a nice way? Every way I thought of sounds mean

• @Trapgawdessshawty he's put you in a bad situation. There is no good way to do it. You just have to go for the best choice of a bad lot. Just text him, or speak to him in private. But keep it private. That's about the best you can do but he will still will be upset, though there is nothing you can do about that. There is no perfect solution, just don't embarrass him in front of people.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do it privately. Through social media or text or something.

What Guys Said 2

• Leave a poem on his desk: "Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm not going to homecoming with you."

• Y don't you tell him this privately
    If I was in his place I wouldn't feel bad

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!