How long after a break up you can say you're over your ex?

I just stumbled upon some pictures with my ex I thought I deleted already. It made me miss him a lot. When we broke up few months ago, I knew it was the right thing to do. Also, I've been seeing a new guy who seems really nice and sweet, but lately I've beem scared cause I don't know what I feel towards him.

Now that I found the pictures with my ex, it made me think if I'm really over him. What do you guys think?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• That happens to everyone who finds old pics - I remember your break up, your ex wasn't right for you - Concentrate on new guy and try to find happiness with him

• It's amazing you still remember! But yeah, I miss him a lot, when he was still being normal towards me. I know I can't be with him ever again, and I shouldn't. I'm just really afraid that what I have is only a rebound.

• Yeah good idea best of luck

• Many thanks for your help, again!๐Ÿ˜Š

Most Helpful Girl

• Iโ€™ve heard that it takes half the time you were with someone to get over them, but honestly, you never really know. Time just has to do its job, even when you have setbacks like coming across old memories, you still have to keep moving forward and giving that wound time to heal.

What Guys Said 5

• For me it's when I can wake up and not be thinking of them. The time that takes is different for each relationship, the stronger the feels the longer it takes.

• How about it they cross your mind every now and then, even though you're not thinking about them normally?

• Yeah, that's good to hear. I've been afraid that I'm just super weird when a lot of things remind me of him.

Anyway, thank you so much!๐Ÿ’—

• No problem glad to help.

• You are over them when you aren't thinking about them all the time.

• I guess you miss the good days, as i always say, time heals everything, little late to answer as well i guess

• Never too late๐Ÿ˜‡ yeah, I think now it's about missing the memories, not the person.

• Celebrities do it that very day.

Humans do it when they feel comfortable to go again.

• You just miss the good moments you had with him. You must realise that you can have such good moments with other guys as well.

What Girls Said 4

• It takes as long as it takes. There's no set time limit. Some people take a few days and some people take years. It depends on the relationship as well.
    However if you're finding it interferes with daily life and it's that bad longer than a couple weeks perhaps consider counseling because that wouldn't be healthy.

• You can say that when It's true. If you see something of your ex or something that reminds you of them and are reminded of what you two may have shared or still look on those thoughts with sadness or longing, chances are you're not over them yet.

• I miss the old times, but I don't know.. I miss the guy who my ex was before, not the man I broke up with

• days, weeks, months.. sometimes years.. depends on your ex...

my ex and i broke up last November.. he got married in July this yr.. i am still not over him..

• I can imagine that, especially that he got married so fast.. I remember that I got over my first boyfriend few years after the break up

• After 14.5 years i still have problems after having contact or watching old pictures. There is just this one guy who is able to make my mind that busy. Im afraid it will never change. I will never get over him for all my life maybe.

• I don't know your case, but I hope it gets better for you. Do you mind if I ask, how did it end?

• 4 years later we got back in contact. We kept contact for 3 years. As friends. But sometimes we talked honest, like we miss our past. But we never did anything although we met. Then my husband and i broke up for some reason. I told my ex. He picked me up, wanted to distract me. We were 3 months a couple. And it was like how it should be. But i had kids and always felt guilty. So i went back after these 3 months. Back to my husband. Because of responsibility. My ex and me we broke up contact again.

• Its been little more than 4 years now. He contacted me 2 weeks ago. Told me he wants to see me. And that i know that we are made for each other. That it will never go away. And asked me how we could still feel like that after 14 years.
      I lost control of my words and told him everything what was on my mind. He didn't reply. I watched pictures after he made my mind busy. And the last 2 weeks i suffered. I deleted number 2 days ago again. As i already did so many times.
      This morning i felt better. And guess what. This midday he texted me again. But nothing to my last messages. Just a stupid nonsense shit.
      He drives me crazy.