He says he needs to work on himself?

I've become extremely intimate with a man after both have had terrible relationships that ended the same way. Not intimate in the sense that we've gotten too physical, because we both want to take it slow. But intimate in that he is everything I could ever want in a person, and he matches every single one of the things I thought only could be reached in my dreams. He's told me that he loves me, and that he's never met anyone who he is more attracted to, both physically and mentally. However, we've been a very private thing because that's how we've felt it should be for right now with the circumstances surrounding us. When talking about commitment, he told me that he has a lot of work to do. He wants to be the boyfriend that I deserve, but does not feel he is at this moment. I can't see myself being married right now, and we both agreed to staying friends and working on ourselves. He said that his feelings have not changed, he just didn't see this coming and is why he's confused. Right now, I feel it's my job to give him the space he needs and work on myself as well.

My question is, do you think he's sincere? Or do you think this is a cop-out for him to "have fun" with other women?
He says he needs to work on himself?
2
0