Is it wrong to choose to be alone?

I seem to pick really bad men that never treated me with care, it was always about them and ways they'd use me. Each time I gave my heart to someone it was thrown back in my face and I was laughed at, so I decided to stop giving and wrap my heart up to stop it being damaged further. I concentrate on other things like work and my friends. I have so much love inside that I'm to scared to give it to someone in case they hurt me. I'm not getting any younger and reserved my mind that I'll die never have found love. Some people find that amusing that I'm alone and comment on how lonely I must be, true it's lonely going to bed and waking up to silence but that's just a small price to pay to not be let down and disappointed again. Not all men are like my exes but it's a trap I fall into that I go for men who act exactly like my exes. It's like I want to fix them and it ends up me needed fixed after being hurt by doctors.

am I right to just be single?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop trying to fix people. That never works. Letting people with problems into your life just lets them mess up two lives instead of one. If a guy is troubled, do what psychologically healthy women do -- keep him out of your life. You might consider talking to a professional about how you can break this pattern of behavior. I did and it helped me a lot.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing wrong with opting to just be with yourself for a while. It'd actually probably do you some good to guard yourself like that for a little bit, so take the time now to make a little checklist for the next person you find yourself catching feels for. If they don't hit everything on that list, don't give them any of your heart.

What Guys Said 3

• You have the right of course.
    Its true that there are men and women that are very focused on there own stimulation and satisfaction...
    All the best dear

• I'm choosing to stay solo for now too

• It's not you choice in fact it's a lack of choice.
    You didn't choose to be single, you were just getting put back in the single's list against your will.
    You didn't want or choose any of this.

What Girls Said 1

• It's your choice nothing is wrong with that. You need a bit time for yourself