Does stalking your ex online mean you haven't moved on?

What do you think? I broke up with my boyfriend about a week ago because he was behaving badly, I like to think I am moving on but I still find myself wanting to look at his social media even though I deleted him. Does this mean I'm still hung up on him?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and no. Many people occasionally check their ex´s social media long after a breaking up. In this case though, it´s only been a week so ofc you´re still hung up on him and probably afraid he´s doing some moving on. It´ll take time for both of you, but I´d suggest to unfriend him etc. and really take a break untill you feel 100% okay with him being with other people. You used the term "stalking" which is already pretty self-explanatory in my opinion :)

• What other reasons would you have for checking it though if you've moved on?

• Sometimes it´s just nice to know they are doing well and what´s going on in their life. Then it´s purely platonic and not in a sense where you want to know how what they are up to because you want to think about getting back together :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately it does. If you weren't hung up on him, then you wouldn't feel the need to see what he's been up to on his social media accounts. The best thing you can do now is to stop yourself from looking at them. If you keep looking it's going to make getting over him a million times harder. I know it's hard to do but it's better in the long term, trust me.

What Guys Said 3

• Yup, you are still hung up on him. And probably will be for a while if y'all had genuine love for each other. Its going to be a process of moving on, but once you do, then you are good!

• I don't want to be hung up on him. He behaved so badly towards the end of our relationship.

• Understandable, you have to get out and explore. Know that there is more out there, and that there is better.

• why do you stalk him and not any other random person?

obviously it is because you care about him and/or the things he does

• Just need to move on but it dies take time it's normal

What Girls Said 3

• yup. it definitely means that

• Yes, it does

• Yeah it means so