Have you ever been in love? How long did it last? How long did it take for you to get over her/him and start seeing other people?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, this is something that varies for each individual. Some say it takes half the time you were with someone to get over them.
    Others say when you were really in love there is no set time. You long for that person till you don't.
    I don't know how long you have been without them, but my advice to my best friend was to go out and mingle. Not look for anything serious. Not that you need anyone or want anyone, because you probably don't. But just be around other women. Other people. Find something else to occupy your time and thoughts. Find a hobby. Exercise. Read a book. Go hiking. Get a pet. It will happen in time.

• Its been over an year now. I still think about her. I have thrown myself into my job, kept busy but when I do nothing I still think about her.

• How do you muster the courage to go for it agsin when you know how much it would hurt if it doesn't work out

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in love twice. The first one lasted until the second started. Average shelf life of feeling love: bout 3 years in each case.

What Girls Said 3

• I have been in love. I’m not sure how long it lasted or when it stopped. Everyone is different. People don’t always love in the true sense of love either. It’s all a pain in the ass emotional roller coaster best to stay away from.

• It lasted two years - took me a year to get over it.

• Yes, but it wasn't with my ex. It is with my current boyfriend. We've been together for 3 years. Relationship with my ex was 5 months. I got over the break-up within a month. I started seeing other people after 2 years (I had private issues that I had to take care of).

• What did you do to get over your ex?

• Lol yeah I remember doing that a lot in the first months

• That is the best way though 😂 it sucks, but after a while it's just over.

What Guys Said 1

• 7 months this year longest still not over it