He asked me if I knew her?

So I was at Fridays (a restaurant) with my best friend. About 5 minutes after we sit down my ex struts in with his new gal. Cute little thing, she's 20, he's 26, and I'm 22. So my friend goes to say hi because she and him are good friends as well. Everything is going good, I'm picking out what I want to drink when my friend comes back. I see his date get up and go to the bathroom. This asshole makes his way towards our table and asks how we're doing, both of us say good. He then proceeds to turn to me and ask if I knew his date (which I don't). He explains who she is and then says she was at our mutual friends house the night he and I started talking. He goes back to their table and 2 minutes later she's back. They proceed to laugh loudly and talk loudly until I finally get up to leave. I'm out the door 5 seconds flat while my friend says goodbye. Keep in mind they haven't gotten food, only drinks. As she heads out, he and his new gal follow. He proceeds to wrap his arms around her and kiss her on the fourhead.
(We had a horrible breakup 6 months ago, he was on drugs till about a month ago)
Why would he act in such a way?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• If he isn't trying to make you jealous then he is trying to show you that he won. He is look at me i have someone else and im happy.

• But did he win if I'm the one he's trying to prove something to?

• There is no winning or losing when people break up. You'll move on to someone else at your own pace.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cause he is a horrible person and wants to make you jealous. Luckily you didn't give him a good reaction being all mad and awkward cause that's what he wants. He is clearly a dick move on to better things.

• Well we broke up 6 months ago. I just don't understand why he'd want to make me jealous. We had a awful breakup.

• So what's your advice on what I should do?

• Ignore him and avoid him if you're over him just keep moving forward and on.

What Guys Said 5

• He's fucking with your head and trying to make you jealous.
    Exactly what i'd do, sounds like that bro and i'd get along great.

• But why try to fuck with my mind? It's been six months since our break up.

• Oh honey..
      who are you kidding?
      You do miss him, you're all about him.

• 😂 not even a bit. Maybe who he once was. He's a completely different person now, and one I'm not interested in getting to know

• He's trying to make you jealous to manipulate you and get in your head. Apathy is the best way to counter this behavior, since the entire act is about getting attention.

• To make you jealous

• We broke up 6 months ago. It was a awful break up and he just recently got off the drugs he had been using.

• He is fucking with your mind

• Cause he's trying to make you jealous

• We broke up 6 months ago. It was a awful break up and he just recently quit the drugs he had been using

• Well then he does want your attention cause otherwise he wouldn't try talking to you

• Perhaps. There's just so many other factors. Such as he wants to become a manager where we work and if he doesn't get along with everyone (that they can see) they might not consider him for the position.

What Girls Said 1

• He wants to make you jealous because then it validates that you still have feelings for him.

Best thing you can do is ignore him.

Mind fucking people can be fun but very manipulative. Don't let it get to you.