I finally got my divorce and now Im scared?

I was separated from a man I was married to (he went to prison) I had been with him for 6 years it was an abusive relationship and I had wanted out for a long time but him going to prison is the only way I couldve gotten out he went to prison for 2 years we had no contact. In my state you have to be separated for a year to get a divorce so the judge granted a divorce. While he was gone, I had met someone and I love him so much he is all I have ever wanted we have even moved in together. He wants to get married but I am scared it will be the same as last time. I dont want to go through all that again. Help?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are close to getting married with him, then you should have a clear image of that guy, that who he really is.

Most Helpful Girl

• Take your time. Take it slow don't rush into anything.

What Guys Said 4

• You do not have to be married to love someone for the rest of your life

• Nothing wrong with waiting. How long have you been with the new guy and has the ex accepted that youve moved on?

• Take your time

• I'm a abuse victim too I know how you feel
    Take it slow with the new guy enjoy it and make sure that that won't happen to you again
    I wish you the best because you deserve nothing less♥️

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!