Are men with low self esteem more susceptible to affairs?

If a man has low self esteem or has faced a lot of rejection at home, does that make him more likely to end up having an affair? This could be physical, emotional or both.

210

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say no... Us guys with low self esteem tend to be alone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe so, yes.
    Men need to feel just as valued, desired and wanted as women do, maybe not in the same way we do - but it has to be there. Stereotypically they don’t voice that need and will often let it go or pick arguments about other things.
    But if someone else makes them feel needed I really believe they’re more inclined to start skirting the line to chase that... which potentially leads to cheating

What Guys Said 9

• I guess it does highten the chances but I feel its equal in both genders

• Nope. Not at all. The reverse in fact.

• are homeless people more prone to white collar crime?

• Yes a woman will trade up for better always

• Emotional most likely and no more.

• Speaking from experience, if the housebitch doesn't want to put out, it's perfectly all right to get it where you can.

• Wouldn't know. A combination of personal issues including low self esteem is why I haven't had a date since high school and have never had sex.

• Yes, if a man doesn't have much in the way of good things happening to him, or if he even feels like she's the one cheating, he will try and have an affair, to make him feel good about himself, unfortunately. Sorry if you have a man that might be doing this to you though

• Nah, guys don't have high self esteem.

What Girls Said 1

• He's more likely to suspect you of cheating. But an ex of mine was once so thoroughly convinced that was going to cheat on him, that he cheated on me to get back at me for " whenever I eventually did" cheat on him... I'm not a cheat.