Are men with low self esteem more susceptible to affairs?

If a man has low self esteem or has faced a lot of rejection at home, does that make him more likely to end up having an affair? This could be physical, emotional or both.

210

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, if a man doesn't have much in the way of good things happening to him, or if he even feels like she's the one cheating, he will try and have an affair, to make him feel good about himself, unfortunately. Sorry if you have a man that might be doing this to you though

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe so, yes.
    Men need to feel just as valued, desired and wanted as women do, maybe not in the same way we do - but it has to be there. Stereotypically they don’t voice that need and will often let it go or pick arguments about other things.
    But if someone else makes them feel needed I really believe they’re more inclined to start skirting the line to chase that... which potentially leads to cheating