Should I tell him what I did?

me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year and a half

but, he left for university and then went home for the summer.

i went to a university program over summer and met this guy, we were only friends but one night we were both drunk and ended up hooking up, I'll probably never see him again and I still love my boyfriend a lot and I don't want to loose him, should I tell him?

34

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• No, he doesn't need to know. Telling him won't undo it, and it will hurt him a lot. Why torture him.

• you need to be truthful in your relationship. if your not truthfull your relationship with this guy will fail. if you really love him and he loves you, you will tell him the truth and work through it.

• What did you end up doing? He does need to know..

• Pretty much everything but sex..

• Ya that isn't good... He needs to know. It's not like it was just a kiss or anything.

What Girls Said 3

• You probably feel guilty about it, do you think you can live with this secret from him? If it we're him, would you want him to tell you? what if someone else tells him? you could avoid a worse situation later on...you never know what can happen by keeping this from him. Honesty is so important in relationship, I say come clean, if you do love him and he loves you, you'll work through it.

• I'd always advise people to tell him but I always read advice saying to keep quiet.

If the only reason you'd be telling him is to ease your guilt then don't do it. You cheated on him and the guilt is your punishment.

If it was me, I'd tell him though. He needs to know who he's in a relationship with. If you can cheat once then there's nothing stopping you doing it again, especially when you're drunk. People do stupid things when they're drunk and most of them don't learn from it

• You cheated on your ex, even though as you say you didn't have sex, just kissing is cheating. Your boyfriend will lose trust in you once you tell him but if you don't tell him you will feel riddled with guilt and it will hang over your relationship for how ever long is lasts. So the best thing in the long run is to tell him and but tell him everything, get it out in the open and you will feel better.

Avoid getting drunk on nights out without your boyfriend. Cos if it happens once it may happen again.