Should I leave my GF?

So I have been with her since we met in HS. Its been 10 Years I've been with her. Our relationship has been through many obstacles good and bad. We have a child that is now 8. My mind has not settled down about coming down to my knee and popping that ring out. I feel like I am in a corner cause my mind has got me crazy about my life and what I should be doing. I can't trust her for I heard many things she's done behind my back. These made me do many bad decisions and has got me very confused. I feel like its not a relationship but just comfortable way of living. In reality its not even comfortable. We have lack of communication which puts us with lack of interest in mind and body. I just feel like there is better in life that I can have and really grow and most importantly be happy about.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are unhappy and there is no way of improving, get out. There is no way your kid will have healthy relationship behavior later in life if you guys never communicate and secretly resent each other. However, this only if you tried your best to improve the situation. Try and fix what you believe is going wrong. Give it your all. Not just a week but for e. g. a month. Then you know you tried your best and won't regret your decision. Just walking out without trying would be a bad example for the kid too.

• Thank you! This makes a lot of sense. being in this relationship for 10 years I tried many times talking with her. I just think it is best I move on. I am not happy but most importantly if my child won't be happy and I would certainly not be content and always feel bothered about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm surprised it took u 10 yes to realise you were not meant to be. Plus you both brought a child into the world too.

• We had our child in HS. I never got to graduate as soon as I heard I went straight to work. I just felt PROUD for so long and me being able to be a father instead of walking away.

• lack of interest

• If there is no effort from either of you, it's pretty much a dead relationship. No use being in it anymore. But there is no guarantee, this won't happen again in any new relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• Just think about how she would react if the worst thing happened to you. If you think she would be there for you then stay with her, but if you feel like she wouldn't then leave her. You just need to listen to your heart as it knows best

• by the way heart doesn't know what's best, it's your mind.

• @jsid94 no its your heart. Your heart triggers what your mind thinks.

• heart is ruled by emotions. mind is ruled by logic. to get successful in a relationship u need both your heart and mind convinced

What Guys Said 2

• Is there common law marriage where you live?

• Not sure

• I was thinking of making a contract myself and have it sign of when and how much is given.

• Normally, child support is settled through court since technically, it's the child's right not your girlfriend. The problem is the contract you create maybe "unjust" and she could get more out of you later on.

• Talk to her... Convey your feelings to her... Ask her to change her behavior.. if not give hint to break up... even if she didn't listen your words take decision but make sure your decision won't effect on your baby

• If she really loves you... She will understand your heart Feelings and change for you... Only thing is how the way you convey your feelings to her