Ex is contacting me after 7 months...what do I do??

Hi Everyone - I must say the advice I get on here is always so helpful so I'm hoping I can receive some more. My ex and I broke up around 8 months ago. I was 26 at the time and she was 20 ( we started dating when she was 18). Our relationship was perfect, it really was (people say if it was perfect then you wouldn't have split). However, we broke up because she needed time to herself, we were moving very VERY fast and I think it scared her a great deal. She told me from day one, that since she was so young that there was a chance that we would need to take a break down the road. And, it happened :( She just wanted to be herself, not answer to anyone and find herself. So as hard as it was, I gave her space, I respected her decision and let her be. We had little contact throughout the breakup, but just recently, about a month ago, it has picked up a lot. We actually spoke on the phone for the first time and she came out with my friends and I for my birthday two weeks ago (first time I saw her in 7 months). We had a great time, laughing, just having fun. We have been in touch and have seen each other 4 or 5 times since my birthday. Just yesterday I went to a family party where I saw her entire family for the first time in 8 months. We don't speak every single day, but we do speak often. When we speak, its nothing deep, its mostly small talk. She continues to bring up old memories and how much fun they were, how she misses my family, etc.

I just don't know what to think. Was she dating someone and its not working out so she's just contacting me to see if I'm still there? Is she stringing me along? Which I don't think this is the case because I would think she would have been doing this from the beginning. I mean she's a great girl, and I don't think she would do anything to hurt me, I really am positive about that. I think she just wants to take it slow, but I'm just worried how this was out of no where - is it possible that she finally realized?

Like I said, we had a great relationship and left on good terms and I gave her space and time. I just love her so much and would do anything to have her in my life again.

What do you guys think? Is this a good sign? Am I just getting myself in trouble? Please, I appreciate your input and will be happy to talk to you guys about anything troubling you...

Thanks again :)

Its just I get all worked up because ill see her one day, and then I won't hear from her for a couple of days - is this normal? Am I over-reacting? Is this just her taking it really slow? She is a good girl, she doesn't play games..
I really appreciate your guys feedback and would be willing to answer any questions or concerns you guys may have...

01

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• No matter what she intends, you're under no obligation to engage her in another attempt at a relationship.

She broke up with you, so it's up to her to bring this back up and explain what she wants and that she won't break up with you if it comes up again.

Hold on to your cards.

• It sounds like you're more interested in her than she is interested in you.

I'm telling you, this will not end well unless you walk away.